Community discussions

MikroTik App

g18c
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wireless bridge with nv2 - transfer rate of 45Mbps normal?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi i am using the following tutorial to bridge two networks: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... WDS_(EoIP)

Currently i am testing in the same room with 10 metres separation between 2 grooves, I am using nv2 protocol, band 2Ghz-N only, 2GHz antennas, 20MHz/40MHz Up channel width, and the cleanest channel that i scanned for.

My registration shows the other access point at 150Mbps/150Mbps Tx/Rx rate, but actual throughput i am getting through on file transfers is 5.6MB/s (~45Mb/s). I know there is some overhead for protocols, but 45 is very different from 150.

This is the first link i have ever done, so not sure what to expect. Is this normal? Can this transfer rate be increased?

Appreciate comments, help and pointers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abyss
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Wireless bridge with nv2 - transfer rate of 45Mbps norma

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi,

Try to decrease power to have a signal around -60 dbm and check CCQ.
Configure bridge, station-bridge mode, VLANs or MPLS tunnels, EOIP is havy for processing.
Generate and receive your packets from routers behinds your wireless devices, it will increase... but don't expect mo than 99 Mbps, you have a 100 mpbs network card on grooves :-)

Best regards

g18c
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks for the reply, OK so now I am using bridge with station-bridge mode for wifi, and just bridging in the wireless+ethernet on each mikrotik.

I set the tx power on both so that tx/rx signal is around -60dB.

The speed is now 55Mbps so a 10Mbps improvement from before, I notice the CPU usage is running at 30% (probably to be expected with these boards for this excellent price point!).

Where is the CCQ setting please i cannot find this on any of the wireless tabs?

abyss
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:44 pm

You can find the CCQ clicking on the line in registration tab... TX/RX CCQ