MikroTik App

zx128k
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

ISP Failover question. Please help

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi all

People I need your help. I have 3 ISPs configured on router. One is primary and two other are backups etc.

I've configured default route with distances so if my primary ISP will go down it automatically switches to second ISP and so on. This works very well if problematic ISP has no link physically, but if ISP drops internet connection due to the billing, my router thinks that everything is ok because it can ping its default gateway. Is there any workaround? I want it to switch to another gateway when this billing problem occurs.

Thank you

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ISP Failover question. Please help

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:11 am

Hi all

People I need your help. I have 3 ISPs configured on router. One is primary and two other are backups etc.

I've configured default route with distances so if my primary ISP will go down it automatically switches to second ISP and so on. This works very well if problematic ISP has no link physically, but if ISP drops internet connection due to the billing, my router thinks that everything is ok because it can ping its default gateway. Is there any workaround? I want it to switch to another gateway when this billing problem occurs.

Thank you
check the routes recursively:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Advanced_ ... _Scripting