Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrobus
just joined
Topic Author

Bandwith limited without my permission

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:02 am

Hi everyone,

I have a RB2011UAS configured to assign 512k each hotspot conexion, in a 6Mb ADSL. Everything works fine, but there is one single problem: All traffic in the hotspot seems to be limited to 3Mb, I mean, the entire hotspot can't conect faster than 3Mb, even when more than 20 customers are trying to download, in that case they just report to me a slooow conection.

I have checked for days the AP eth port stats and the 100% of traffic seems to be set at 3Mb never goes over that.
I double checked the ADSL directly and gives me the 6Mb.
I configure the wlan port for my office and gives me the complete 6Mb too.

¿Can anyone help me with this?
¿How can I set and unlimited Rx/Tx speed for the hotspot?
¿Is there a way to limit the Rx by hotspot?

Andrés.
Mexico.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bandwith limited without my permission

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Do you have any "queues" configured (queue tree, queue simple)?
Disable queues, then there should not be limits for your HotSpot traffic.

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:30 pm

The hotspot puts a queue in automatically. Check you haven't specified a max TX RX rate in hotspot configuration.

mikrobus
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 am

The hotspot puts a queue in automatically. Check you haven't specified a max TX RX rate in hotspot configuration.
Your both are rigth, i´m using radius to set automatically my queues, hotspot in eth3 TXRX are unlimited. But i think that could not be the problem, in the stats the packets per second pps never goes up to 220. I'm thinking about the Queue types,can i increase them?

and more important question, increasing the queue size it´s the rigth way to increase the pps traffic?

Check this images. In the default and default-small Queue I will change the 50pps values for 100pps instead, but I still don't figure how sfq in hotspot-default works and how can I increase it.

We are close i feel it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.