Community discussions

MikroTik App

sareeshkg
just joined
Topic Author

Redistribute LAN ip's

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi......

I am using mikrotik core router in which WAN ip(182.xxx.xxx.xxx) is coming from upstream ISP. We have our own LAN side IP's which I mentioned in the diagram.The two blocks of LAN IP's are mapped with the upstream ISP and AS number is also peered.

I want to use one block of LAN IP(103.254.XXX.XXX) as the WAN ip of Bandwidth Management Server and the other block as the LAN ip(103.254.YYY.XXX) of Bandwidth Management Server.

Kindly guide me for setting up the above scenario in the router.If you want clarification please find the attachment.

Regards
Sareesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Redistribute LAN ip's

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 am

If I understand this correctly, all you have to do is add the IP address on the B/W MGMNT Server and then add a route to the BGP router. If the other subnet is already configured on the BGP router,then you will not have to make a change there. What type of device is the B/W MGMNT Server? Here is an example of the static route you will have to add:

/ip route
add dst-address=103.254.YYY.XXX gateway=103.254.XXX.XX1

Don't forget the remove that subnet from the BGP router.

sareeshkg
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi ssofet

Where on the router should I configure the ip subnet, which I have to install on the B/W Mgmt server.I have done the static routing as required on the BGP router.
"Don't forget the remove that subnet from the BGP router"-I didn't understand this.

Regards
Sari

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Your new router is going to become the gateway for the clients, so you will go to IP -> addresses and add the IP address that you want to give the router/ that you want to become the gateway for your clients.