Community discussions

MikroTik App

remedix
just joined
Topic Author

Streaming over Samba sometimes breaks/stutters

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 am

Hello all,
I'm using a RB951G-2HnD as a simple router within my network. I have two connected devices. An HP Server (1Gb) and an android tv (100Mb).
I'm using samba to stream from the server video content to the android tv. I've been using the exact same setup for years with other routers with no issues. Recently I replaced my TPLink router with this RB951G-2HnD. Since that everytime a play a video it either stutters or can't handle fast forwarding. I cleared the configuration on the mikrotik and used just the basic such as DHCP, nothing else.

To take this furhter I did the exact same tests with a RB951-2n and everything works flawlessly. Both mikrotiks had their configurations wiped, the same packages installed and the same DHCP settings. Both had the same port as master, the same ports as slaves etc.

Further more I tested the 'problematic' RB951G-2HnD with a couple of EXFOs to measure max speed/throughput (i know a bit overkill) and all the ports can handle 1Gb traffic just fine! I even forced tested 100mb ports and again, everything checked out. Bottom line its does not appear to be a hardware issue on the site of mikrotik.

I'm using the latest mikrotik and routeros firmwares.
I can only use samba because my android tv cannot handle any other service for mounting remote shares.

Anyone has an idea what the issue might be ?

remedix
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Streaming over Samba sometimes breaks/stutters

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Anybody got any ideas? This is driving me crazy

remedix
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Streaming over Samba sometimes breaks/stutters

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Anyobdy got any ideas about this ? It's driving me crazy!