Community discussions

MikroTik App

thanga005
just joined
Topic Author

Issue Updating My GROOVE 52HPn

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Guys,
I have been using mikrotik products for the last 6 months, since the day i started working in ISP.
It was really great to work with mikrotik RouterOS, From the first day i learned to update the version and firmware and so,
But just yesterday i bought 2 Groove 52HPn for a PtP Link, i made the connection between them as usually and they were working fine, the problem is it has license level 3 and shows upgradable to V7.x, it came with the version 5.25ROS and in download page it shows only 5.26version and it gut upgraded to 5.26, but i cannot upgrade to 6.x, i tried dragging the lastest packages and also netinstall too but no use,

any idea why it shows only 5.26 as latest version?

and any solution to update to ver 6x?

Thank you,

npero

Re: Issue Updating My GROOVE 52HPn

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 am

When copy 6.xx package and reset device look the log, paste log output here or screen shoot of log window from winbox.

thanga005
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 am

When copy 6.xx package and reset device look the log, paste log output here or screen shoot of log window from winbox.
I tried for the last two days, i couldnt drag the files to the winbox, the winbox window for this router doesnt allow dropping the files, but today i tried to check in auto upgrade option from a remote router, it showed the latest version but when i clicked download all option it showed no newer version found for this router, and again i selected individual package clicked the download option and it got download to the file list, and so i did the same for all the packages, and now updated to the latest 6.12 version. i have no idea what went wrong whether my router or the 5.26version, anyways now it solved, thanks for trying to help dude[npero]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

npero

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:08 am

Download file from http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... e-6.12.npk open WinBox open files and copy paste this file, after that restart device wait to upgrade if not then open log from winbox and take screen shoot attach here to see what happend.