Community discussions

MikroTik App

dsieb11
just joined
Topic Author

WebRTC NAT Issue

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

Hoping there is someone out there that can help with this one.

We are having issues with ROS and WebRTC, its seems to be NAT issues with the ALG/NAT Helpers.

As far as we can tell there is some sort of port mismatch happening during the process.

When testing WebRTC behind another router Cisco/Billion, connections are fine. Its only when Mikrotik NAT comes into play.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I know people have had issues with SIP and disabling the SIP Nat Helper has resloved the issue, however in this case it doesn't help.

JJCinAZ

Re: WebRTC NAT Issue

Thu May 01, 2014 2:16 am

There are no ALG's for WebRTC in RouterOS, there are only ALG's for SIP, FTP, TFTP, H323, and IRC. Only IP address and TCP/UDP port translations, due to standard source-NAT'ting, would be occurring with WebRTC. The WebRTC protocol RFC does require ICE, TURN, & STUN implementations in the WebRTC clients to allow the protocol to get through NAT. I've never had any trouble with WebRTC through any of our Mikrotik routers. I would think that there is some other difference in the Cisco vs. Mikrotik configurations that's effecting you. If I were you, I'd capture the WebRTC SDP negotiation as done through the Cisco and then through the Mikrotik and compare and contrast.