MikroTik App

amirkh
just joined
Topic Author

pcq with different LAN output and different users

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi every body

we use mikrotik router board 2800Gs with RouterOs 6.12
we have 4 output for different LAN (boys dormitory, girls dormitory, local LAN and management branch in university).
I want to use traffic shaping for different kind of users that have different ip ranges, but because of 4 output I totally confused
can any body help!

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: pcq with different LAN output and different users

Fri May 02, 2014 12:16 am

Fortunately, or unfortunately there is so many ways to do this. M y suggestion is use simple queue for each ip, but read this http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Bandwidth ... and_Queues some examples, but there are so many more.

amirkh
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 03, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for your help
I reviewed all off them
we have so many users and different categories and different output in router
my question is that we must bridge all output for creating pcq queue or use global or something else.
and one other question one of our big problems is web page opening is so boring when some users download something but we cant set threshold for good result in this problem!

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 am

Bridge and queue normally does not play nice. One thing to keep in mind is that you can actually only control speed of data going out of router. You don't have control of data coming in. Can drop packages and TCP will a just, but will always try and increase speed.
With most queues you would hav a burst option. It is extensively explained in WIKI. This works exceptionally well for this scenario. Allowing a user to brows at max speed and if it was a download it would download for about 10 sec at max speed, depending on burst settings, and then get limited to a lower speed until download is finished.