Community discussions

MikroTik App

cypa

Re: Winbox 3

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:03 am

and finally, why, the heck, there is no native linux winbox version? Is it a big deal to switch to multiplatform toolkit?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 am

Webfig works in all OS

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Please, think about possibility to add option to open another winbox session directly from IP/neighbors list connecting to selected item from the list.

Of course, these devices could be in different networks with no route from the winbox running computer, but the main winbox client (the one I have neighbors list opned) could provide the connectivity for newly invoked winbox session (something like tunnel) that would appear like the first ROS device is connecting to the second ROS device within its accessibility range.

It is something like telneting from one ROS device to another, just not via telnet but via winbox.

Hope I explained it well, otherwise I am openend to your questions in order to clarify what I meant.

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:12 pm

and finally, why, the heck, there is no native linux winbox version? Is it a big deal to switch to multiplatform toolkit?
Winbox works perfect under Wine ....

I like to have a option to add a confirmation message to "Remove" and "Disable" , using keystrokes its now to easy to do something wrong ...

pfb
just joined

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 am

I am unable to use this in Win7 x64.
The window opens with a list of previously saved devices, but nothing appears in the top panel.

In Linux it is better, but I see the same issues others have mentioned with new devices not saving until winbox is restarted.

pppixel
just joined

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 am

Hi,

Guys, when I run winbox shows me this window and all controls are gone

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 am

That fourth button in the corner, with two arrows, I bet it is the one causing this issue. Uninstall or disable.

pppixel
just joined

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

OK i will try, but the button is from TeamViewer
You were right disable the fast connection in teamviewer helped

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 pm

At first I find winbox 3 very neat.

Nevertheless I have found some things I do not really like.

When there are multiple windows open inside the session these can be closed by hitting Esc (except terminal, but I don't mind)
But when all windows are closed the next hit of Esc will close the complete session. I do not like that behavior.
If you want to quickly close all windows, you have to watch out you won't hit it to many times.

Another thing is when a connection is being made and cancel is clicked, winbox is closed completely.
It would be better to end up in the list again.
Now if you have clicked the wrong device and click cancel, winbox is closed and has be started again.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:28 pm

When there are multiple windows open inside the session these can be closed by hitting Esc (except terminal, but I don't mind)
But when all windows are closed the next hit of Esc will close the complete session. I do not like that behavior.
If you want to quickly close all windows, you have to watch out you won't hit it to many times.

Another thing is when a connection is being made and cancel is clicked, winbox is closed completely.
Now if you have clicked the wrong device and click cancel, winbox is closed and has be started again.
Thanks for the "esc" report, we can repeat the issue.
About cancel button it was reported earlier, and also has been accepted as bug.

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for the "esc" report, we can repeat the issue.
About cancel button it was reported earlier, and also has been accepted as bug.
Normis,

Thank you for your answer!

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Another thing I noticed, which I have also seen in version 2 is the inconsistency in showing the CPU/RAM etc in the upper bar.
When these views are enabled, they are not always shown again when a new connection is made.

aoakeley
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:59 am

I keep accidentally deleting saved devices from the list.

Background:
In the previous version you could click in the list and press a letter on the keyboard e.g. "b" to goto "Bobs Building" This does not work any more.

Issue:
If I press "r" to go to "Robs Rowing" it deletes whatever item I have selected at the time.

I know this is just making the logon screen consistent with what the keyboard keys do everywhere else, but it keeps catching me out and I keep deleting entries from my list.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Problem in WinBox 2 and 3 when is Maximized.

In firewall I click on drop-down list of chains and the window list go to strong into right, out of screen.
Screen-shot in attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

i would like to save the windows position and sizes after rebooting of the router (disconnected) so you dont have to fix them again the way you like

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 am

i would like to save the windows position and sizes after rebooting of the router (disconnected) so you dont have to fix them again the way you like
+1, When I open connection by WinBox, move to other monitor, close it or reboot MTK then next connection is open on my primary monitor.

benesm1
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Hello,
I came by two bugs, one ugly, one particularly nasty:
1) In the VRRP tab there are symbols "RB" on the running master, backups are empty. The expected behaviour is RM on running master and B on backups. Somebody here posted a similar bug report concerning webfig.
2) The nasty bug manifests itself, when you try to add for example a new FORWARD rule in the firewall. I was configuring a jump rule, with a dst address list as a decision parameter. The expected behaviour was that only those packets with dst address on that list will be processed by this rule, but in fact all packets fell in indiscriminately. Needles to say, total havoc in my network ensued.

I would strongly discourage anyone from using this beta Winbox on production boxes. This particular version 3.0b2 should have been marked as a deep alpha instead.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

2) The nasty bug manifests itself, when you try to add for example a new FORWARD rule in the firewall. I was configuring a jump rule, with a dst address list as a decision parameter. The expected behaviour was that only those packets with dst address on that list will be processed by this rule, but in fact all packets fell in indiscriminately. Needles to say, total havoc in my network ensued.
any details, please?.. WinBox only adds rules, rules are processed by RouterOS, which is not changed...

benesm1
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm

As I say - I connected to a router (CCR1036-12G-4S running a v6.7 ROS) via Winbox 3.0b2. I then proceeded to "IP"->"Firewall", I then clicked the "+" to add a new rule (a forward rule in my case). I left everything blank in the "General" tab, except the "In. Interface", which I set to our upstream iface. Then I proceeded to the "Advanced" tab, where I selected a (non-empty) Dst. Address list. Finally I chose "jump" in the Action field and filled in the "Jump Target". The rest of the story you already know...

Needles to say, the old Winbox works as expected.

kraic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

it's OK.. But for me it would be better if "Save button" and "Connect button" switch places.. what rest of you think ?

wrobli
just joined

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 pm

When open manual and I need close windows troubleshooting close winbox

dtoffo
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:07 am

A suggestion: can you add the facility to save "view" settings, like a template of columns ?
for example: i add every time src-address-list and dst-address-list as I use them pretty always. I would like to customize this and other colums list and save a template to use instead of finding every time the defaults and have to customize.
would be great to set the columns I like (for me is specially in firewall and routing pages) and save it to reapply when I open a new router, or even have it defined for each and every router I open.

And another one: when I select columns would be great to have the possibility to select more than one at the time. It could be done with checkboxes where there is the checkmark, or with a specific table...

It's a great tool and your products are great, but I have to add many columns every time, it's time wasting and noisy.

Thanks for your work

D.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 am

As I say - I connected to a router (CCR1036-12G-4S running a v6.7 ROS) via Winbox 3.0b2. I then proceeded to "IP"->"Firewall", I then clicked the "+" to add a new rule (a forward rule in my case). I left everything blank in the "General" tab, except the "In. Interface", which I set to our upstream iface. Then I proceeded to the "Advanced" tab, where I selected a (non-empty) Dst. Address list. Finally I chose "jump" in the Action field and filled in the "Jump Target". The rest of the story you already know...

Needles to say, the old Winbox works as expected.
when you add the "nasty" rule, please open the terminal and make a "print detailed" command in the firewall menu. Just to see what Winbox added wrong

benesm1
just joined

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am

Hello,
unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the issue. The router underwent several reboots in course of my attempts to diagnose the VRRP issues. It must have been some race condition, because today the new Winbox works as expected... :?

AnRkey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:22 am

I found a bug in Winbox 3 beta 2. :shock:

To reproduce,

1: While running Windows 7 SP1
2: Open Winbox 3 beta 2
3: Switch to the neighbors tab
winbox-screenshot-2.png
4: Click refresh a few times, the list fails to populate sometimes.
winbox-screenshot-1.png
5: To fix the issue, Winbox must be restarted.

R
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Numenori
just joined

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:43 am

Where can i found winbox 2? There is no link on download page, only to winbox 3 beta.
I dont want to be your beta-tester, just need to do my job.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am

Where can i found winbox 2? There is no link on download page, only to winbox 3 beta.
I dont want to be your beta-tester, just need to do my job.
Winbox 2 is included in RouterOS. You don't need to download it. Just open your IP address in the webbrowser, like always. Winbox link is there.

dtoffo
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 am

Winbox 3 beta has some ugly bugs: really is not ready for use.
I expected the main changes only il launcher, considering that plugins are downloaded from the device.

Why new features break consolidated ones?

VRRP: winbox says an interface is backup, in console or winbox2 I can see it is master
admin@00_0C_29_97_24_AE (ROS-L) - WinBox v6.15 on x86 (x86)_2014-07-31_07-13-57.png
IPSEC: in winbox3 you can't touch a policy: every time there is an error because priority goes to value "-1" (in console or winbox2 is "0") and the error is even more confusing, complaining every time for a value out of range where range includes all my tries.
admin@00_0C_29_97_24_AE (ROS-L) - WinBox v6.15 on x86 (x86)_2014-07-31_07-17-57.png
D.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 am

dtoffo, these were reported above, and I already sait we are fixing them. thanks

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 am

The bug "session settings are not remembered" is only valid for routeros v6. I just opened a board with routeros v5 and the last session was remembered correctly.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:32 pm

FYI - time to press "Check for update" button!!!
as far as i can see Winbox 3.0beta3 is out

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Don't get your hopes up, this is a minor release.

Winbox still can't save window state, and some other of the reported issues are not fixed.

marizo

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:59 pm

v3.0b3 bugs:
winbox sometimes closes, when closing Quick Set by pressing Esc.
winbox always closes, when do the sequence: open Quick Set - close by Esc - open Quick Set
winbox always closes, when closing Manual by Esc.

upd:
winbox 3 loses group settings after opening winbox v2. so it's difficult to use both v2 and v3 alternatively.
Last edited by marizo on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks SO MUCH for implementing the show categories for grouping by group :D

Makes it so much better to organise heaps of routers.

avantwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Webfig works in all OS

Ok so how in webfig do you "find" a routeros box with unknown or reset IP? Either that or fix winbox under linux so that the search for mac routerOS feature works under wine. At one time it did but it's not consistent enough like it would be with a native linux version.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:21 pm

...how in webfig do you "find" a routeros box with unknown or reset IP?...
Inside another webfig on anoter RouterBOARD.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:25 pm

tried the same steps, it does scroll down automatically when new command pasted in terminal. must be some specific thing in windows or else. I have MacOS with Wine and Winbox 3 beta 2
What is your sorting order in Log? Newest on top or newest on bottom?
My newest are on bottom, and I have to manually scrolled all the way down every time.
Ditto. Went nuts recently trying to see why CPE would not register to AP, in neighborhood with many unrelated APs. Log consistently appended off the bottom of the screen and needed to be manually scrolled. Could NOT get log to "scroll itself up" by moving scroll box to the very bottom. Worse, even though log was appending off the bottom of the screen, if you manually scrolled back to a specific spot in the log to read it, those lines would not stay still, but would move around as the log grew. Looked for the "Freeze" button to stop this behavior, and it is no longer in the beta winbox!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

I repeatedly see a behavior where winbox beta says "Logging in," flashes up the large work window, and then the window immediately disappears.

I do wish "export" and "import" were somewhere else out of the way, like in the upper right-hand corner, suitable for a rarely-used control. I keep hitting them when I mean to hit "managed" or "neighbors."

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:43 am

Webfig works in all OS

Ok so how in webfig do you "find" a routeros box with unknown or reset IP? Either that or fix winbox under linux so that the search for mac routerOS feature works under wine. At one time it did but it's not consistent enough like it would be with a native linux version.
Latest version of Winbox2 + Both Winbox3beta2 and beta3 both work fine under my Ubuntu 12.04.4 desktop running WINE

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:06 am

If you drag and drop a file from the Windows file system onto a routerboard, winbox 3 never closes the file on the Windows side. This causes Windows to complain that you can't edit the file because "somebody else" has it open. If you try to delete the file, winbox 3 will be identified as the culprit. You have to quit winbox to be able to edit or delete the file.

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 am

better picture :lol:

kikikaka
just joined

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 am

just tried Winbox v3.0beta3. It crashes after clicking the "Connect" button to login.

Before that, V3 beta2 works fine, at least can use.
Environment: Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, RB2011UAS-2HnD with 6.18

====
Windows popup "winbox.exe has stopped working" with following details...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winbox.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 53db57a7
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d404
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce753
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d404
Additional Information 2: d404de6998512d67888464546cbd239b
Additional Information 3: 0778
Additional Information 4: 0778d189325617d8f631da4129a41ed3

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Toiletbowl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: WinBox v3.2

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:46 am

When I select "Profile", the program crashes..... :cry:
i confirm this crashes everytime.

Clauu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:04 pm

I have the same problem as @kikikaka, same behavior with the same environment and winbox version
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	winbox.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	53db57a7
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_d4cb
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:	521ea8e7
  Exception Code:	c0000374
  Exception Offset:	000ce753
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	d4cb
  Additional Information 2:	d4cb659affa21e9adb7cb973ef65a5e6
  Additional Information 3:	0f84
  Additional Information 4:	0f8498f24c7bac944d9a377037ef0d07
Also since this is a beta release, where we can find the old stable release? You have removed it from download although there is no other stable release.. :|

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:19 pm

I have the same problem as @kikikaka, same behavior with the same environment and winbox version
Problem signature:
  Application Name:	winbox.exe
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_d4cb
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:	521ea8e7
  Exception Offset:	000ce753
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	d4cb
  Additional Information 2:	d4cb659affa21e9adb7cb973ef65a5e6
  Additional Information 3:	0f84
  Additional Information 4:	0f8498f24c7bac944d9a377037ef0d07
Also since this is a beta release, where we can find the old stable release? You have removed it from download although there is no other stable release.. :|
Like normis said before. The old version 2 can be retrieved from the routerboard itself. Go to the ip via webbrowser and download the exe file

nicomalun
just joined

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:31 am

Nice !! :-)

honnnza
just joined

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 am

Hi, please maybe there is a problem with adding a new policy in IPSEC - Only in WinBox 3

It is not posible to add new policy in WinBox 3, in old version it is OK.

In WinBox version 3, inputbox "priority" is still in red
"Error in Priority - Integer in range [0;-1] expected!"

RB12000 6.15

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 am

Hi, please maybe there is a problem with adding a new policy in IPSEC - Only in WinBox 3

It is not posible to add new policy in WinBox 3, in old version it is OK.

In WinBox version 3, inputbox "priority" is still in red
"Error in Priority - Integer in range [0;-1] expected!"

RB12000 6.15
There are some 3 or 4 reports with this problem already on the forum :) It is fixed in Winbox 3beta2, please upgrade winbox, in the loader push "check for updates"

renatoornelas
just joined

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm

IP -> Routes filters not working properly

It doesn't show Dst Address on the filter list (only shows if you list all routes)

kowal

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi,

After uprgade to beta3 log is again unsorted, like in winbox v2. Is it normal?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks, most likely a bug

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:11 pm

v3.0beta3 does not work at all on my pc.
At least on boards with v6 installed - I click connect, it says Logging in, Downloading plugins and then nothing happens - no error message, no winbox window, it just closes.
Tested to open a board with routeros v5 - works normally.

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 pm

At least on boards with v6 installed - I click connect, it says Logging in, Downloading plugins and then nothing happens - no error message, no winbox window, it just closes.
What kind of Routerboards are you using. I have multiple mipsbe based devices and all are connecting normally with Router OS 6.5 installed.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Almost everything with mipsbe from v6.7 to v6.18

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm

I can log in to mipsbe devices with Beta3 running 6.1, 6.15 and 6.18 (all i have to test straight away).

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:32 pm

As you are able, it adds a tab in winboxie recently used hosts, alongside neighbors.

Bi2rb0
just joined

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:44 pm

After connect, click "Quick Set" and "Cancel" and again "Quick Set" - winbox window just closes.
Last edited by Bi2rb0 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

leoservices
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 am

suggestion

when viewing log, having the option to clear the screen of log; filter and locate.

engiman
just joined

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Same happens on my Vista 32bit, the only difference is, "microsoft checking solution" message.
On win7 64bit beta3 works.

rdhw
just joined

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

After entering the address and password, I click on "Connect" and Winbox3.0b3 crashes:
Problem signature:
  Application Name:	winbox-v3b3.exe
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_40f7
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.22436
  Fault Module Timestamp:	521eaab0
  Exception Offset:	000c38b7
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	2057
  Additional Information 1:	40f7
  Additional Information 2:	40f747f593c2caee3c98249ed7d2893d
  Additional Information 3:	b30a
  Additional Information 4:	b30ae56845734d06ccd6c69d4d7d3dd4

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:06 pm

The design of having the naked letter "r" remove entries is awful human engineering. Click (but miss) the password field, start typing a password with an "r" in it, and you (silently) delete whatever entry was chosen before you realize it -- and there is no undo!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:19 pm

In the old Winbox, if I clicked "make supout.rif" and named the supout x, I'm pretty sure it would make a file named x.rif. The beta Winbox just makes a file named x.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:41 pm

When drag-and-drop copying files to a router via Winbox, the old WInbox used to let you access the main window during the copy (to check Files, Queues, resize the window, or whatever). The new Winbox just gives you an error beep if you try to click anywhere on the main window while the copying dialog window is live.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:48 am

Hi,

When I use WinBox3b3 then sometimes I can not access second level menu eg. System/Clock.
The just popped up submenu does not take focus on itself. When I activate first level action
eg. Log then submenus work again.

It is not constant behavior. It happens from time to time.

Charos
just joined

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Winbox 3 beta3, Win7 x64: A bug when using TeamViewer 9. (same issue which pppixel posted about on page 2)

Winbox interface with TeamViewer running:

Winbox interface without TeamViewer running:

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:13 pm

This is not a Winbox bug specifically, Teamviewer ruins all kinds of applications. Just don't use that Quick launch button

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:20 pm

found a bug with similar graphics issues to the one above.

If i modify the name of winbox i get that graphical issue. fix the name and i fix the graphics

Guille
just joined

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello, this surely are not bugs, but are things that made easy to work with the previous version.
I don't save passwords and when I double-click a device in the list winbox automatically tries to connect without asking a password nor setting focus on password text box. The previous version did.
Ahother one, when I had too much child windows I keep pressed ctrl+f4 and all child windows closed except the main. Now the main windows closes too. I think it should close with alt+f4 not ctrl+f4.
And last, when a double-click an input box, address password... anything, it doesn't select the text.
Thanks in advance. These are small things but makes you able to work faster.

brossler
just joined

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Hello,
new version is great, but there is tiny "bug".
When I sort managed routers by Address, it sorts it not by value but as string, e.g.:

It should sort like this:

Thanks

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:04 pm

It is ASCII-order used from ages in sorting.
"1" < "11" < "2" < "22" < "23" < "A" < "a" ......

Next problem could be order of
172.16.16.0/24
172.16.16.0/16
which one is "less" ?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:46 pm

172.16.16.0/24
172.16.16.0/16
which one is "less" ?
he says about router IPs. you cannot have 172.16.16.0/24 as host address ;)

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:54 pm

It is ASCII-order used from ages in sorting.
"1" < "11" < "2" < "22" < "23" < "A" < "a" ......
Of course it is, but it is an inappropriate choice of sort to use in this context. Sorting that way helps no one, and just makes other people's jobs harder.
172.16.16.0/24
172.16.16.0/16
which one is "less" ?
/IP route display has no problem figuring that out, use the same algorithm.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:19 am

While you're at it, can you please fix the long-standing bug with non-working clipboard shortcuts?

There are two sets of them in Windows:
(a) well-known Ctrl+X/C/V
(b) less known Shift+Del (cut), Ctrl+Ins (copy) and Shift+Ins (paste)

Many people may not even know about the second, but they do exist and in fact worked in every single program I've ever used so far. Just try it, if you don't believe me. :) In every Windows from 3.1 to 8.1, in every program, it works just fine. The only exception are newer WinBox versions (since ROS 4.x I think). I'm sure that in WinBox it's not left out intentionally, it's most likely just result of implementing own edit controls (it worked in old versions, where standard edits were used) and nobody at MikroTik using (b) shortcuts.

gnuttisch

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

I would love the feature to backup all the routers that are managed by winbox in one click :)

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Suggestion: Winbox currently does not display or handle changes to the POE configuration value ether1‑poe‑in‑long‑cable. Winbox knows to display POE-out ports with an additional POE panel showing status, power consumption, etc.—it should also have a POE panel for the POE-in port of a POE-out Routerboard that shows the “long cable” setting. This will also help clarify that this setting applies to the cable length on the POE-in port instead of the POE-out ports.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello!
Thank you so much for new WinBox version!

Please make possibility to work as portable app. This will help us to create a crypted(axcrypt) portable usb flash drive with our data. Maybe like utorrent with settings.dat.

Thank you!

mortar8
just joined

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello. My observations :
- Winbox3 has a tendency to eat all CPU it can. Right after it is started. Stops when minimized. In fact, CPU consumption is dependant on window size.
- Please add an option to disable the leading rows for each new letter. For lists with a few hosts it actually hurts visibility.

Zdenekhb
just joined

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Below the search field set as the primary note. Most searches by notes than by IP addresses

-ZS

Ham
just joined

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 am

As mentioned by a few people, Tools => Profile crashes winbox

Crashes with all versions of ROS, v4, v5, v6 and winbox Beta

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:53 am

Ham
Tools --> Profile = all is ok!

ROS = 6.18
OS = Win XP Home x32.

sovaby
just joined

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Winbox 3 from wine linux
log window

Old Winbox
log window You can not change the width of the field

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, log column adjustment is a new feature of winbox3. it was never there in winbox 2

sovaby
just joined

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 pm

cyrillic not working in the new version in this window. red circled
In the old version of the English month New What?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Winbox 3 does not save "Inline comments" settings between sessions. Winbox 2 does.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:02 am

I'd like to post a feature request for Winbox 3 - have an option (like the hide passwords option) for confirm disable/delete of items with a confirmation dialog.

I was working on something and accidentally moved focus back to winbox and hit delete - there goes one of my main transit link VLAN's had to add back in. Got me thinking it'd be nice to have an option to set it to force a confirmation on disable/delete. I can see how this could get annoying which is why I'm also suggesting it be able to be turned off.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:34 am

I'd like to post a feature request for Winbox 3 - have an option (like the hide passwords option) for confirm disable/delete of items with a confirmation dialog.

I was working on something and accidentally moved focus back to winbox and hit delete - there goes one of my main transit link VLAN's had to add back in. Got me thinking it'd be nice to have an option to set it to force a confirmation on disable/delete. I can see how this could get annoying which is why I'm also suggesting it be able to be turned off.
I too have had similar problems, usually accidentally changing route-filter or firewall-filter policy orders when using a trackpad on a laptop. I solved this by making WinBox access Read Only, forcing all changes to be done from the CLI.

This also makes you think a little more before making changes :)

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:42 am

I too have had similar problems, usually accidentally changing route-filter or firewall-filter policy orders when using a trackpad on a laptop. I solved this by making WinBox access Read Only, forcing all changes to be done from the CLI.

This also makes you think a little more before making changes :)
The original proposal is ambiguous. If you are in the window where you are talking to a router, you should be able to undo an accidental delete or disable with the counterclockwise arrow button in the upper left. If you are in the initial "list of hosts" window, indeed there is no undo capability there (and maybe should be), but then the mention of "disabling" something doesn't make sense.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:14 am

The original proposal is ambiguous. If you are in the window where you are talking to a router, you should be able to undo an accidental delete or disable with the counterclockwise arrow button in the upper left. If you are in the initial "list of hosts" window, indeed there is no undo capability there (and maybe should be), but then the mention of "disabling" something doesn't make sense.
Agreed, this works most of the time. Apart from when you don't have safe mode on, then accidentally delete an interface and cannot get on the router, or move a route filter and stop advertising the management IP's range to the internet.

The Revert button and "Safe Mode" protect the user from the majority of mistakes.

I would be more interested in seeing RouterOS "version" the changes and allow you to "roll-back" to a change point, like JunOS.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 am

I would be more interested in seeing RouterOS "version" the changes and allow you to "roll-back" to a change point, like JunOS.
This is kind of achieved with partitioning - I tend to copy running config to next partition when I am happy that its stable, so I always have a stable config to go back to (same with ROS version). This works better on the bigger routers that have more space - for instance, on the CCR i run 3 partitions so I can have stable ROS/Config, Upgraded ROS and upgraded config, so I should at the least always have a rollback to a version and config that I know to be stable :).

Either way I see an optional confirmation on delete/disable as not too hard of a thing to implement, especially while its still in beta :)

mortar8
just joined

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello. My observations :
- Winbox3 has a tendency to eat all CPU it can. Right after it is started. Stops when minimized. In fact, CPU consumption is dependant on window size.
- Please add an option to disable the leading rows for each new letter. For lists with a few hosts it actually hurts visibility.
Add to that, on random ocassions some hosts get missing from the list. Restart Winbox3 and they are back.
I'm sorry to say that I am falling back to old winbox. Winbox 3 offers no big advantages over previous version while introducing some annoying things.
You shouldn't post this version as a default download. It's not ready.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 am

WinBox3 should automatically connect to selected host after double-click only when "Keep password" is selected for that host to prevent unsuccessful logins with empty passwords

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:22 am

no chances to have ports lists, like we're already have adress-lists ? ability to have protocols lists(to elegantly/compact white/black-list and manage them across network)would be welcomed too, but not as much necesity as previous request.
and add not only "src MAC" for filters, but also "dst MAC", probably ?

mdmimoso

Winbox 3 OSx

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Good Afternoon

Why not a Winbox App for Mac Users?

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Because professional WISP do not use any apple device.

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Winbox 3 OSx

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Good Afternoon

Why not a Winbox App for Mac Users?

Thanks
for Mac there a would be made MacBox, probably.
and/or WinBox in fully cross-platform shape, like writenn over Qt libs or Vxwidgets.
Because professional WISP do not use any apple device.
proffestionals not use Mac at all.
thats major credo, major development/design emphasis and major taget consumers category of Apple for decades.

p.s.
but talking seriously, making WinBox available across All platforms, like xBSD, Android, Linux, "MacOS", BeOS, WinMobile would be nice and very helpful. and woul benefit MT in long-term, but demand HR resources&time, MT may lack, sadly.
technically there was some folks(two if i was remember right?), showing mild interest about creating tablets-oriented["metro"-styled] alternative working over API for Android, two years ago, but development even not started, sadly.

negge

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:16 am

I have the exact same problem. Using beta 3 on Windows 7 64-bit to connect to an RB433. This makes the new Winbox version unusable for now.

thasser
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

I have the exact same problem. Using beta 3 on Windows 7 64-bit to connect to an RB433. This makes the new Winbox version unusable for now.
Same problem here as well.

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Same problem.

tyoma53
just joined

Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:56 am

the same with rb951-2n on win7 32bit.
strange that mikrotik didn't leave alternative link to old winbox

jayd2k

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 am

All display settings are lost between closing Winbox 3, and starting a new Winbox 3 session to the same device, regardless of the setting of "Load previous session".
Any estimate when this one's going to be fixed? The same issue persists with version 3.0beta3. Thanks.

wa4zlw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 pm

beta 3 doesnt work for me either on W&-64bit doesn't matter what boxes I have on the other side just doesnt come up

leon

wa4zlw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:34 pm

when i click on a router to connect, the app crashes

can not paste screenshot in for some reason my laptop is not capturing it

winboxv3beta.exe has stopped working

Check online for a solution and close program
Close the program

was able to get this from the dialog box:

Problem signature:
Application Name: winboxv3beta.exe
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2794
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2794
Additional Information 2: 279499d77f3ea845850e0c6e10050ba8
Additional Information 3: 93f4
Additional Information 4: 93f4fb4e5f7aed69f212f63608a17fe5

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 am

I believe the following is a new bug in beta 3.

If I sort the site list by address, then quit Winbox, when I relaunch WInbox around a quarter of the Group entries show up blank. If I sort by Group, they sort as blank. If I leave them sorted by Group, then quit and relaunch Winbox, all the Group contents show up again.

This is similar to the (still unfixed) issue in which if you quit Winbox when in the Neighbors tab, when you relaunch Winbox and go to the Managed tab, most of your sites have simply disappeared, and you have to relaunch Winbox again to get them back. This one hits me every day.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:18 pm

My winbox 2 is constantly overwriting and removing ALL group info from winbox 3 beta.

It would be nice to have in winbox a 'load configuration file' or 'choose config file' so you could potentially have multiple, 1 for 1 network, 1 for the other etc.

Or at the least - while this is on beta, create a separate winboxbeta.cfg, and on first load if winboxbeta.cfg doesnt exist copy details from winbox.cfg but keep them separate.

I'm loving the sort by group, would be good if the Group heading when 'show categories' is set, could be collapsable as well, so you can just have all closed except for the group your interested in.

Just a few ideas =)

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:44 am

beta 3 doesnt work for me either on W&-64bit doesn't matter what boxes I have on the other side just doesnt come up

leon
worked fine on my Win8.1up and Win7 sp x64 boxes. just in case of something specific - try update ACT from MS sites or use "compatibility" tab on WinBox binaries, as desperate/temporal measure.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:36 am

I'd also like to report that when I was on an OmniTik - I was specifically looking at the Wireless Registration table but when a client registers it crashed my Winbox. Unfortunately I can't get meaningful stack traces as I am running in WINE on Ubuntu. Not sure if it happens with other wireless AP routers, I will have to test.

ProfHawking
just joined

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 pm

I also have the "Crash when connecting" issue with Winbox Beta3. Beta2 works fine. I'm running Windows 8 x64, reasonably fresh build.

Winbox loads fine to the point where it's connecting to the router, seems to download plugins etc and tries to log in, then it quits and you get the "winxbox.exe has stopped working" dialog.

Problem signature:
Application Name: winbox.exe
Fault Module Name: StackHash_698a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 698a
Additional Information 2: 698a2fe26df62048442b6533d223699a
Additional Information 3: 4166
Additional Information 4: 4166c4e4c0624d7078e809242961e1ca

PS: Running as Administrator, or using compatability options seems to make no difference.

iqt
just joined

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:23 am

I have to check the Open In New Window box, otherwise Winbox v3.0beta3 crashes after pressing the Connect button (Windows 7 SP1).

ProfHawking
just joined

Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:48 am

I have to check the Open In New Window box, otherwise Winbox v3.0beta3 crashes after pressing the Connect button (Windows 7 SP1).
Confirmed, this also works for me. Cheers!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:37 am

Since beta 3, the Group function is just flaky.

When launched in Managed mode, sometimes all the Group fields are populated (I have a Group defined for every unit), and sometimes some (maybe 10-20%) show as blank. If you sort them, the ones that appear blank will all sort first. Yet if you single-click on one of them, the five top fields (Connect to .. Group) all come up properly, including the correct Group.

When launched in Managed mode, and I add a new router with a non-blank group, the router always appears in the list with a blank group. The group of the new router will not appear until I quit and relaunch, and that's assuming I don't encounter one of those launches where 10-20% of the groups show as blank.

kobuki
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 pm

After the announcement that 6.20 will only work with Winbox3, I started testing it a bit. I'm using Windows 7 SP1 x64 and have found that it can only save 5.x window sessions (it might save them but definitely can't load them). 6.x sessions are always started with a blank window, regardless of the state of the "Load Previous Session" switch. Please fix this before mandating the use of Winbox3 for newer ROS versions.

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:23 am

winbox.png

timberwolf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Noyo, why is a changed button location a bug?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

We suggest to read the label of any buttons that you intend to push. This will get you out of most trouble in life.

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:52 pm

For me this is a problem, because I am a visual learner and almost clear the wlan on the mast :?
This change is very cumbersome, because of that you can clear the wlan1.

mrcontego
just joined

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Nice upgrade.

Bug to report - when using a laptop with a dock and external monitor and have Winbox running on the monitor, if you later try to operate winbox, it "opens" on the missing display. there is no option to move the window back to the main display - haven't found a standard windows option / keypress that will return it to the display.

Thanks.

wa4zlw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey Normis...As I, and others, have mentioned this V3 version is a show stopper since it crashes on W7. What are you guys doing to fix this. I also agree not to hold us hostage on buggy software.

Thanks leon

tyoma53
just joined

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 pm

solution was already there. thanks for this.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:33 am

When running bandwidth test in Winbox 3, the little box at the bottom that shows TX and RX is very undependable. If you run a TX test, collect some data, then run an RX test, the RX graph lines start from the left hand side of the existing TX graph lines, and the box at the bottom reports nothing except the old TX figure, until the RX graph lines reach the right hand edge, then suddenly the box reports RX figures. Overall, the test runs properly, but the box does not report it properly.

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:49 am

btw is ANY chance to make WinBox portable(eg: re-write it over Qt or Vx? ) in future?
ie available not only as Windows binary but on all Desktop and probably mobile plaforms at-once.
in WinBox 4, 5, maybe ? :-"|

JJX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Winbox version: 3.beta3
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Mikrotik version 6.19

One more bug:

- Connecto to a mt
- Press QuickSet
-Press Cancel
- Winbox crash! If does not crash, press again QuickSet. It will crash all the times
After the announcement that 6.20 will only work with Winbox3, I started testing it a bit. I'm using Windows 7 SP1 x64 and have found that it can only save 5.x window sessions (it might save them but definitely can't load them). 6.x sessions are always started with a blank window, regardless of the state of the "Load Previous Session" switch. Please fix this before mandating the use of Winbox3 for newer ROS versions.
I think its too early as winbox v3 is still too buggy!

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 am

btw is ANY chance to make WinBox portable(eg: re-write it over Qt or Vx? ) in future?
ie available not only as Windows binary but on all Desktop and probably mobile plaforms at-once.
in WinBox 4, 5, maybe ? :-"|
Their cross platform solution is Webfig - so it is unlikely.

For mobile devices - you have the API to make clients with. I'd imagine full Winbox functionality wouldn't be used too much on iOS/Android, more so just to monitor and grab stats which can be done via API.

Also - winbox appears to run quite OK in WINE on *nix and OSX. I use Ubuntu exclusively and run both winbox and winbox beta no problems.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:04 am

I'd imagine full Winbox functionality wouldn't be used too much on iOS/Android, more so just to monitor and grab stats which can be done via API.
When I'm up on a roof or a tower trying to repair a node that isn't communicating, and need to see what a remote tower is seeing as I try to reconnect, I'd be extremely happy to have Winbox on my iPhone or iPad. Instead, I have to use webfig, which is extremely awkward and ponderous on a small screen.

JJX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:58 pm

"Escape" is not closing the windows in the new version

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 am

I'd imagine full Winbox functionality wouldn't be used too much on iOS/Android, more so just to monitor and grab stats which can be done via API.
When I'm up on a roof or a tower trying to repair a node that isn't communicating, and need to see what a remote tower is seeing as I try to reconnect, I'd be extremely happy to have Winbox on my iPhone or iPad. Instead, I have to use webfig, which is extremely awkward and ponderous on a small screen.
What functionality does Winbox have that a mobile optimised app using the API couldn't do?

Keeping in mind - due to the locked down nature of mobile OS's, even with a proper 'winbox' client from MTik, MAC discovery/connection would probably be unavailable?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:33 am

What functionality does Winbox have that a mobile optimised app using the API couldn't do?
That's not a very interesting question unless you have one to suggest, and I don't know of any. My point is that I need to do more than just "monitor and collect stats." I also need to control and reconfigure.

MostafaAta
just joined

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:14 am

I have a problem with this version, this version don't save session for me.
Is it normal or there is an error on my PC.

Router board : rb951ui -2Hnd
Router board version : 6.16
My OS : Win 8.1 pro x64

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:10 am

add WOL to GUI, also add the ability to change mac for interface in winbox as well!!!!

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:29 am

Is there any estimate of when the next beta will be available where we will see some of the bigger problems fixed? Having to relaunch Winbox to get my entire router list back, and having to re-open the windows I purposely left open on every connection I access is getting very tedious. Thanks.

tholderbaum

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:57 am

There is a bug that i cannot stand

When using winbox version 3, it will not let me copy and paste anything via either CTRL+V or right-click to paste.

I run about 30 mikrotiks all over Florida and each one has at least 2 separate admin accounts, each with 24 character randomly generated password which I keep in our password database for the rest of my team. My policy states that passwords cannot be cached on any local computer, or stored in an unencrypted format.

SO what we need to do is look up the username and password combination in our Password Database, and then copy these credentials to the Winbox interface, and then log in. But in version3 we cannot do that.

Another use case, In setting up passwords on a new Mikrotik, we use our password generator to generate random 24 - 36 character passwords for admin credentials. Basically, we don't reuse passwords anywhere and the minimum credentials are randomly generated and at least 24 characters long. SO what we want to do is generate the password in our password system, and then copy it to Winbox when we create the credential to prevent miskeying the new password. This works in version 2.x but not in 3.

The final use case is that we have a lab where we develop requested rules for clients. When they ask for a new function or config change, we write the rules in our demo equipment, and then we export the command using the export function to get the code for that rule. Then we login to their Mikrotik and apply it in a terminal window. (We sell a Mikrotik Management service where we manage and maintain their firewalls.) Again this works in version 2.x but not in 3.

Essentially, copy and paste simply does not work for us in Version 3 at all.

garlicbulb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:33 am

Log window enhancements gone in B3.

If I start Winbox3B2 and connect to a router, the log window allows resizing the columns. If I start Winbox3B3 and connect to the same route, the log window does not allow resizing columns.

The B2 log window has filtering and the B3 log window has a freeze button (save as Winbox2).

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Trying winbox 3, and i cannot seem to save sessions, i have tried all, do not load and then exit, it would just load blank, anybody else with same issues ?

thanks,

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:02 am

Trying winbox 3, and i cannot seem to save sessions, i have tried all, do not load and then exit, it would just load blank, anybody else with same issues ?
Many people have already encountered and reported this.

matugm
just joined

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:04 am

Some bugs I found on winbox 3 beta 3:

- Some windows don't autorefresh: for example 'Firewall > Address List' and 'Wireless Tables > Registration'
- I get random crashes that don't seem to be connected to a specific action.

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:08 am

i have tried 4 computers on beta 3.3 non work. it shows logging in, and that was it??

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:38 am

I was going to try and shift to ver 3, and made all the groups, all looked nice, till i accidentally fired up ver 2, and all groups were lost !

the only session which was saved was with a router running x86 5.26, all the other i just cannot save session. I hope it does not become mandatory on Router OS next release.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I was going to try and shift to ver 3, and made all the groups, all looked nice, till i accidentally fired up ver 2, and all groups were lost !
Yup. Export your router list to a file regularly to protect against loss in case you should ever again fire up v2 by mistake. :-(

ouss89
just joined

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am

it cannot scan the device?
old version can.

you can press neighbours so it shows the devices

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:20 am

This is not to report a bug but a feature I didn't expect!

Just noticed that under Os X (winebottled) drag n drop is working from finder to Winbox (not from Winbox to finder) but most useful: from winbox window to other winbox window (between routers! great!!)

smarag

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 am

feature a address book in cloud service for sync with username & password

wrobli
just joined

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:18 pm

When new version avalible?

rmmccann
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 pm

feature a address book in cloud service for sync with username & password
I wouldn't want my router logins sync'd with the cloud, but the ability to save to a central location would be nice.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Keeping in mind - due to the locked down nature of mobile OS's, even with a proper 'winbox' client from MTik, MAC discovery/connection would probably be unavailable?
My mobile (Android and MAC) happily discovers Sonos or Google Chromecast devices on layer 2 - why not Mikrotik ? :D

conecting

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:00 pm

probably found a bug.
imidiatlly after login thru Winbox v3.0beta3 and hit quick set and than just hit OK button after this winbox freeze or just close itself.

ricky011

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm

here also, win7, if I don't use "open in new window" winbox craches after "connect"...

bad software :D

JJX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:17 pm

So many bugs/problems and still no new version...

Athan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 pm

So many bugs/problems and still no new version...
That's what I wondering too! We're stuck in buggy beta 3 :?

gnulab

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 am

Hitting SAVE does not save the routers addresses.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, with Winbox v3.0 beta 3.

zilaev
just joined

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 pm

i made export saved my host in WinBox v3.
And When i opened exported files by notepad, i saw that the saved password for router doesn't encrypted.
it's very big hole in security.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:39 pm

It's the same in v2 also as I saw some years ago.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:17 pm

And When i opened exported files by notepad, i saw that the saved password for router doesn't encrypted.
export or backup?

to protect export, use "export hide-sensitive=yes" command

to protect backups, use backup encryption (available in last versions)

elgrandiegote

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 am

No news about winbox 3 ?, stay in beta 3 ?

2400baud

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:09 pm

There's no longer a pointer to Winbox 2 from http://www.mikrotik.com/download
I inadvertently grabbed this as I was setting up a solution involving some Mikrotiks.
This seems more like an 'alpha' release than a late beta -- crashy, doesn't save sessions, etc.
NOT GOOD.

I'd strongly encourage Mikrotik to reinstate the Winbox 2 link.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Winbox 2 is downloadable from any mikrotik device Web page.

jecartas
just joined

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:28 am

I am unable to use this in Win7 x64.
The window opens with a list of previously saved devices, but nothing appears in the top panel.

In Linux it is better, but I see the same issues others have mentioned with new devices not saving until winbox is restarted.

Aaron315
just joined

Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:03 am

I am also now experiencing the issue with Winbox3 Beta 3 where in on Windows 7 64 machines I see the list of discovered decives, but no form fields. This just started int he last few days, and affects more than one machine. No changes on machines save for the last round of Windows Updates.

lemosh
just joined

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 pm

У меня Winbox beta3. Открываю PING, когда нажимаю на окне PING кнопку CLOSE закрывается полностью Winbox

jaytcsd

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:29 am

In 1280 x 768 mode I can't see any fields below lifetime in the IPsec / peer window, the 3 missing fields do show up in 1280 x 1024.

svetozar
just joined

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

Can't set CIDR notated network address into src.address field (ip > routes > rules).

192.168.1.0/30 - okay
192.168.1.10/30 - not okay
192.168.1.20/30 - okay
192.168.1.30/30 - not okay
192.168.1.40/30 - okay
192.168.1.50/30 - not okay
192.168.1.56/30 - okay

Is it normal behavior?

skillful
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Yes, it is normal behaviour.

You must use the network address not node IP address.

Take for example, the node IP address 192.168.1.10/30. The network address is 192.168.1.8, broadcast address is 192.168.1.11 while the two nodes IP addresses are 192.168.1.9 and 192.168.1.10. In order to represent the range of IP addresses from 192.168.1.8 - 192.168.1.11, the CIDR notation is 192.168.1.8/30.

svetozar
just joined

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Yes, it is normal behaviour.

You must use the network address not node IP address.

Take for example, the node IP address 192.168.1.10/30. The network address is 192.168.1.8, broadcast address is 192.168.1.11 while the two nodes IP addresses are 192.168.1.9 and 192.168.1.10. In order to represent the range of IP addresses from 192.168.1.8 - 192.168.1.11, the CIDR notation is 192.168.1.8/30.
thanks, got it, this is cidr network not node src.addr

Buzz
just joined

Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 pm

great work

is there anyway to add inline comment to active tab in hotspot ?? (show comments column in active tab)
i think it will be a good idea , because in my network users authenticate with their mac address , and i want to know the names (comment) of the active users from the same tab (active tab) without going to users tab

by the way in hosts there is inline comment , but is shows nothing in comment column

thank you in advance

Buzz
just joined

Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:44 pm

in hosts comment column get comments from ip bindings not from users , but in active we need to show comments from users tab not from ip bindings

boskarin
just joined

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi,

where can i download Winbox ver.2?

I'm not satisfied with v3beta3.

It doesn't remember last session, and my list of managed sites is not full (when i open winbox in neighbors tab)

-Open winbox
-Click on neighbors tab
-Close winbox
-Open winbox again (now winbox opens in neighbors tab)
-Click on Managed tab (and managed list is not full. I see only about 20 saved sites of obout 100)

-To resolve this issue i need to close winbox when managed tab is open and run winbox again (then the managed sites tab is full)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:00 pm

You can download it from whatever routeros device. See its homepage.

boskarin
just joined

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:08 pm

You can download it from whatever routeros device. See its homepage.
Thank You, didn.t know that. I don't use webfig

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:56 am

It has nothing with webfig. It's just file download, nothing more. Glad I helped you.

ebreyit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:09 am

I am also now experiencing the issue with Winbox3 Beta 3 where in on Windows 7 64 machines I see the list of discovered decives, but no form fields. This just started int he last few days, and affects more than one machine. No changes on machines save for the last round of Windows Updates.

I see from the top bar of the Winbox window that you have TeamViewer installed.

Click the double headed arrow (top right of the application window) and select disable this feature and Winbox 3b3 will work as expected. Took me a while to figure that one out.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:17 am

So is this project officially dead, or in a coma, or what? There is a long list of known bugs, many reported by multiple people, and no new version for over four months. I continued to use V3 in anticipation of some of the biggest problems being addressed in a timely update, but I am about ready to drop back to V2 because even without the functions, it is a superior interface to how the beta behaves currently.

Aaron315
just joined

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:58 am

I see from the top bar of the Winbox window that you have TeamViewer installed.

Click the double headed arrow (top right of the application window) and select disable this feature and Winbox 3b3 will work as expected. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Disabling team viewer integration for windox 3b3 fixed my issue. Thank you!!

Happy New Year.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:59 pm

export or backup?

to protect export, use "export hide-sensitive=yes" command

to protect backups, use backup encryption (available in last versions)
I suspect he's referring to exporting the winbox database itself, not exporting on his MikroTik.

ebreyit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Differences in Winbox.

In case you haven't noticed yet Winbox 3b3 isn't showing all of the new features added in the latest ROS, but they are visible in The older Winbox.

In the link below you can see two screen shots I've sent to Mikrotik support (Ticket#2015010966000616) showing bits like Cap Naming Format that are missing in Winbox 3b3 but do show up AND work in The older Winbox.

http://1drv.ms/1yKOJHf

Monkeyrider
just joined

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:38 am

Ok so i just pulled a RB1100AHX2 out of the box and Winbox crashes every time. This also happens when i try yo connect to another Mikrotik i have in use. but it works just fine on the 50 or so other Mikrotik devices i connect to.

I am running the Latest Winbox 3.0 Beta3 and the RB1100AHX2 has 6.19 out of the box. the other device is a RB450G and has 6.5 on it. i added the system resource print below. any thoughts or help on this will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

uptime: 6w5d4h7m43s
version: 6.5
build-time: Oct/16/2013 15:32:33
free-memory: 196.0MiB
total-memory: 256.0MiB
cpu: MIPS 24Kc V7.4
cpu-count: 1
cpu-frequency: 680MHz
cpu-load: 2%
free-hdd-space: 492.5MiB
total-hdd-space: 511.8MiB
write-sect-since-reboot: 68
write-sect-total: 379
bad-blocks: 0%
architecture-name: mipsbe
board-name: RB450G
platform: MikroTik

ebreyit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Differences in Winbox.

In case you haven't noticed yet Winbox 3b3 isn't showing all of the new features added in the latest ROS, but they are visible in The older Winbox.

In the link below you can see two screen shots I've sent to Mikrotik support (Ticket#2015010966000616) showing bits like Cap Naming Format that are missing in Winbox 3b3 but do show up AND work in The older Winbox.

http://1drv.ms/1yKOJHf
Under CAPsMAN > Interfaces > Manager
Package Path and upgrade policy is also missing in Winbox 3b3 but present in the older winbox

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:23 pm

we have a ton of great new features for Winbox 3, we will be releasing a new beta shortly

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Hope you are sure that it is capable to be working at least like v2. Otherwise take your time for testing and debugging.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Hope you are sure that it is capable to be working at least like v2. Otherwise take your time for testing and debugging.
I whole heartedly agree !!! :)

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:15 pm

When a new version winbox?
Because I've got used to v3, but there are errors that are stressful.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 pm

i try winbox 3 beta 3 for 15 minutes and rolling back to version2 intermediately because:

2 crashes
not loading previous session

its better to wait on version 2

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 am

amen :D

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 am

We are already on beta12, so progress is going fast. It is much more stable than v2 ever was

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:37 am

So share with us...let us test it. Beta 3 is so annoying.

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:22 pm

We are already on beta12, so progress is going fast. It is much more stable than v2 ever was
So PLEASE PLEASE release that beta version?

Why keep us on beta3 which has many issues?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 pm

We expect a RC1 today

mcdebugger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 am

We expect a RC1 today
Good news. Waiting for new beta :)
Also wanted to note that beta3 works fine for me and I switched to Winbox 3 since beta 2 using it till now. Using it on Windows XP and under Wine on Gentoo Linux.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am

Win XP is dead :D but for most of us more than usable however it is not the whole world.
Winbox + newer Windows is not perfect couple.

Mendesvel
just joined

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Anyone noticed a strange behavior if you configure vrrp trough winbox 3.0 beta3?

we had to switch to the old winbox(2) to configure a stable vrrp...

Normis is the winbox RC1 expected today?

ty

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:25 pm

We found a minor bug and will fix it before building RC1. Hopefully within a few hours. There are so many exciting new features, I am sure all of you will love it :)

Mendesvel
just joined

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 pm

We found a minor bug and will fix it before building RC1. Hopefully within a few hours. There are so many exciting new features, I am sure all of you will love it :)
Normis... now you made me laugh (in a good sense), i will be excited when i see a stable RouterOS x64 (no leaks, no kernel panic, no watchdog rebooting , stable software,etc...) running on my CCR's.. ;)

That is one i am sure all would love :)

Just a nice example on 2x CCR1009 with SFP+

Since we upgrade to 6.25 Bandwith test didin't work anymore... completely broken... (yes i've tested 6.26rc4 with fresh install)

Rolled back to 6.10 and the bandwith test via cli gives this perl....

back 2 back

duration: 4m30s
tx-current: 12.3Tbps <---------------------
tx-10-second-average: 1232.2Gbps
tx-total-average: 3.2Gbps
rx-current: 9.9Gbps
rx-10-second-average: 9.9Gbps
rx-total-average: 9.6Gbps
lost-packets: 9649
random-data: no
direction: both

tx-current: 12.3Tbps ??

Lol nice... can't you break anything more? like... telnet is working! can you please break it on 6.27? thanks

Note: Bandwith test on 6.14 looks better via cli...

duration: 1m48s
tx-current: 9.5Gbps
tx-10-second-average: 9.6Gbps
tx-total-average: 8.2Gbps
rx-current: 9.9Gbps
rx-10-second-average: 9.9Gbps
rx-total-average: 8.4Gbps
lost-packets: 5337
random-data: no
direction: both

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 am

I have been checking the "Check Updates" button for three days waiting for the update and it doesn't show up. Finally I suspected the button was not working, and found the update on the download page. So be aware that the button does not work.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Re: Winbox 3 beta

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 am

It's possible it didn't work in beta3, but we will check what could be wrong there

shura
just joined

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:16 am

Hi! I've tried to use the new 3.0rc1 and I found that it did nothing when I pressing Enter while the focus is at any field like "Connect to:" or "Password:" (I'm used to type a password then press Enter key to get connected). I found that it is possible to connect only by mouse click on "Connect" button. I've tried few times. While I'm typing this message, I tried again, and, a miracle, now it works! Hmm... Fantastic bug report reaction time! :)

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 am

Today I tried using the multiple open feature. When I clicked connect all, it opened one router, another copy of the directory window, the second router, a third copy of the directory window, then the third router. Surely that can't be intended operation.

Also the newsletter says something about a global in-line comment option. I haven't been able to find anything that looks like that.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 am