Community discussions

MikroTik App

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 6.31 released

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Ok, I owe the description what happend when I updated RB532A+564 to 6.31.

Used automatic download and update. Everything looked normally. After the reboot the device lost its config, so I had to connect to it by mac address and with default admin/blank password. Checked the packages and realised that only system was installed. So I pushed the relevant package files (advanced, ppp, dhcp, security, wirelesscm2 and system) again into the flash. After the transfer was finished, I let the router to reboot. After that, the router went into boot loop.

Hung a serial cable to it.

When I entered the booting menu to check what was set, I have found that the option: "Boot from compact flash only" was selected.
And I would like to know: Why??

I said, fine, maybe just some strange thing, and set the nand booting hoping that eventually the system is fine.

Loading kernel from nand... ok.
setting up elf image... ok.
junping to kernel code.
Error: no system package found!
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

and reboot, reboot, reboot...

So, it was clear that it is not fine at all. The time for netinstall. Have done the memory test just to be sure nothing was roasted before the netinstall. No errors.

I have downloaded the netinstall from mipsle/6.30.2. Did everything correctly (firewall, antivirus, admin, fixed ip....), set the booting from ethernet, the device appeared in the netinstall. Selected the wanted packages and pressed "Install". Some "preparation" or what (do not remember exactly) was displayed, but the bar did not started and nothing was uploaded. Tried several times, no luck.

So I digged some old netinstall (6.24) from my archive and used it to upload 6.30.2 files. What a miracle! It worked unlike the actually downloaded netinstall.

Now, the device is back again and prepaired to serve further.

Mikrotik, please, as it was said here hundreds times: Do not push the untested beta versions as "stable" to public. Few previous versions was quite fine for almost all people, but after some time it looks again that 6.31 is really something that you were not tested pretty much.

I wish Mikrotik could publish their testing manual / prescription and let the public to suggest its extensions / additions. Because it looks to be obvious that the inhouse testing is not made as it should be before release.

Also, please, do not fool us that 6.32rcXX is something that would be converted in 6.30.X. Please, keep the versioning, so, if you maintain 6.30 for bugfixes, make the 6.30rcXX and then the correct 6.30.X but keep it distinct from 6.31rcXX and from 6.32rcXX. Do not mix the bugfixing with new features release, so we will never saw sentence like "This will not be corrected in 6.30.X but in 6.31..." Everything should be corrected in the version actually maintained for bugfixes and not delayed to the next version. The subsequent version should always adopt the bugfixes from previous version and not to bring the old bugs again. Otherwise your new huge versioning system is useless.

Hope I wrote it in the uderstandable way. I am really tired now...

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:28 am

i try upgrade my RB493aH .. run 5 min and blocked, cant acess via mac or ip..
power off, power on.. again 3min, again 20 min.. WTF with 6.31.. with problems i return to 6.29.1, i have lucky that these mtik was on my house, so i can unplug power, but we have some network in the city, not good option.
Upgraded two RB493G, one freezes after 40 - 60 minutes of use, no IP access, no MAC access, only Power off power on to restore...
Another - still running OK for 1 day 6 hours.

Difference in between these two routers was presence of Openflow package on the failing router. Disabled it and more than one hour still running.
We had this problem (or symptoms) without the openflow package installed. Tested on 6.31rc16 and 6.31. The running services are dhcp, pppoe, routing and mpls. No hotspot or special configuration. But like I said before, I can't report because there are no access to generate the supout file.

buckthis
just joined

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:11 am

on a 2011UiAS-2HnD.

Is this a bug, configuration issue or just noise?
Not seen on previous versions.

Logs showing "tx loop on interface" ...

Time: Aug/20/2015 10:03:19
Buffer: memory
Topics: interface warning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:48 am

yes, 6.32rc2 fixes multicore support, but without checkbox allow x86-64 router uses only 2gb of ram...Normis, may be You can leave this option for x86 systems with more than 2 gb of ram?
32-bit Kernel always was limited to 2GB of RAM, i think they eventually will add it, but as we can see from CHR there are still many things and features not working with that checkbox, so give them time to fix it.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:04 am

Everyone who is experiencing kernel failure with MetaROUTER installed on router - this issue will be fixed in 6.32rc3.

buckthis - It is strange that log shows problem on (unknown) interface. Is there a bridge port/s on your router which have/has been deleted? If there is, then under bridge ports menu there should be entry with interface name (unknown).

rextended - Can you please name where are you setting this password? I have tested with PPP/Secrets and User/Password. Have not managed to reproduce.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 am

rextended - Can you please name where are you setting this password? I have tested with PPP/Secrets and User/Password. Have not managed to reproduce.
Some examples (obviously using 6.31):

Simply open on winbox 2.2.18 interface/wireless/wlan1 panel and change somethihng, nv2 password are replaced with literallly "***********".

Launch bandwidth test (on one device with password) it start,
stop the test and click start again, instead of real password the winbox sent literally "******" as password, because on memory the password are replaced with "*"

Open one wireless security profile, if you uncheck hide password, the passwords are still to "********",
if you close and re-open the panel the password are show.
If you suibmit the panel with "hide password" checked, the passwords are replaced with real "*"

SAme thing with EoIP shared password

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 am

rextended - Thank you! Key here was - winbox 2.2.18

With 3.0rc12 it works fine. I will forward this to our developers.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:13 am

rextended - Thank you! Key here was - winbox 2.2.18

With 3.0rc12 it works fine. I will forward this to our developers.
Thanks, is surely related to this change:
*) winbox - also hide passphrase in CAPsMAN with "Hide Password"

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:17 am

minor BUG: (aready know from 6.28 and never fixed):

if you export eoip tunnels with "keepalive=10,10", instead are exported as "!keepalive"

methou
just joined

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Just after 6.31:
Aug/17/2015 14:31:58 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/17/2015 15:34:02 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/18/2015 14:30:29 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/19/2015 00:24:53 system,info,critical Firmware upgraded successfully, please reboot for changes to take effect!
Aug/19/2015 00:25:17 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/19/2015 04:51:34 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/19/2015 04:51:33 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/19/2015 06:08:36 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 02:13:27 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 02:13:27 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 09:41:00 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 09:59:30 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 09:59:30 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
Aug/20/2015 23:30:26 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 01:32:33 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 04:34:44 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 05:38:25 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 05:38:26 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 05:38:25 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 05:38:26 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 07:51:27 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
Aug/21/2015 11:53:43 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer

For the first few times, I managed to disable the watchdog, turns out all clients lost their IP address after lease expired and new client won't get an IPv4 address, v6 works fine, everything other than that does look good to me.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:12 pm

OK, I've seen the graph.

Resuming now what happens:

- 6.31 is brought out: ===> reboot issue evolves === > that needs a fix.
- MT suggest to use a 6.32rc1 ...... that in my opinion and according the scheme is a release candidate for new to become current version after testing. New features introduced and on the way some bugs might have been fixed in the process.... BUT, as we all know, it might come with yet again with new bugs... or the old ones still not solved.... so why should I test this one. We are not playing roulette here....

I would imagine that if 6.31 has a bug and a fix is made for that bug that has to be tested you would issue a 6.31.1rc and if it tests fine, you have a new 6.31.1 that is a bug fix only....

If you guys now name a new release with a new version number it therefore implicates their will be no more new bugfix only versions of 6.31. But that is actually what we want. We want a current version that came with a bug fixed. Not a new version that also might have the bug fixed but that also might bring new headaches. You guys are too confident in issuing new version. How many bug fixed have we needed over the years?

So instead of trying this new 6.32rc1 I have to revert back to the last current version that has some bugs fixed and had no more bugs for me, at least not the 'reboot' one...... that is 6.30.2

A serious user having problems won't jeopardize his network again by putting a new version 'rc' on a router in the hope it might have fixed his problem and at the same time opening up for new ones.....

Sorry, but that is how it just works in my opinion.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re:

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:35 pm

This looks to be quite dangerous version. It killed one of my testing devices. I still wonder why all the people massively install every new version without any testing in the laboratory before.
Well, let me explain what can happen in bulk upgrades, or manually working as a robot late at night (not to disturb you clients...)

All networks was running 6.27 and over time we tried some 6.28's, some 6.29's and some 6.30's. Every Time because when you do the auto upgrade sequence (or when you issue een massive script order) the software picks the latest 'current' version.

So what happened with us for instance; We were running now some tenths of units (mainly CPE's) on 6.30.2's to our satisfaction and reading the logs it seems to be pretty stable.
So we started to manually (like a robot a 2 am at night) upgrade whole networks..... only to realize after half an hour the new version was now suddenly 6.31! What? Shit, didn't want that. I'd presumed it still was 6.30.2.

So now suddenly I had some 30 units running on 6.31 but stopped upgrading the rest of the network. Let us wait what happens..... Unfortunately the next morning I found that one rb750UP started with rebooting itself after a couple of hours....
Yes, a unit in production, and yes how stupid. But actually because MT is too confident and therefore too fast by putting the new 'current' version as the proposed new to be used upgrade version.....

We are all humans you know. And people can be triggered to make unwanted mistakes just be following wrong procedures or showing too much confidence in product not ready for real world yet.
Hence we have some profession called "ergonomy" which is the study and development of the knowledge on how to design products (that includes software too!) that can not only do a certain job, but that also avoids us stupid humans to make stupid mistakes....

Hence some of us at times put new softwares on production units while we actually don't even wanted it.....
(Off course, if you did because you just wanted the latest, that even more st......)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:40 pm

In fact, 6.31 is still given as the 'current' version so automated scripts or robots will still load this. But as we have learned now you'd better not! I think the proposed upgrade version should stick at 6.30.2.

And showing the latest current version number with the fix number you also know inmediately you have the latest version included fixed for found issues.....

6.31 should still be a rc

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes, yes but...
The fix must be prepared and tested .... let it be implemented in 6.32rc...if it helps then it should be backported to 6.31.1 or any latest version as it is quite easy to see differences in code and then find the culprit.
They could preapre 6.31.1, let you test it as bug-fixed "stable" but are you sure that they other errors were not be introduced ? I am not.
If you test current development branch for fix then I think you are ready to immediately revert to the latest most stable version despite what version you are testing.

I am not Advocatus Diaboli...it is just my 0.02$
Last edited by BartoszP on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Also, please, do not fool us that 6.32rcXX is something that would be converted in 6.30.X. Please, keep the versioning, so, if you maintain 6.30 for bugfixes, make the 6.30rcXX and then the correct 6.30.X but keep it distinct from 6.31rcXX and from 6.32rcXX. Do not mix the bugfixing with new features release, so we will never saw sentence like "This will not be corrected in 6.30.X but in 6.31..." Everything should be corrected in the version actually maintained for bugfixes and not delayed to the next version. The subsequent version should always adopt the bugfixes from previous version and not to bring the old bugs again. Otherwise your new huge versioning system is useless.
:D That's just what I mentioned.

Stick with the version numbers if making bug fixes, even if these are still to be tested ("rc") If than after the test the fix shows good results the original version should be used with the extra figure to show its a bug fix.

If development in the meantime was producing a new version with new features that's fine. But let us network user first start using a version that has some bugs fixed before we decide any new version might be bringing us new features.....

Please be very conservative in producing a new version. 6.31 is obviously not that yet......

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Well, you know what? It's friday afternoon late and probably the guys in Latvia are on their weekend beers already. They probably are not completely used to their new version numbering too. So cheers to you guys, after all its been a big improvement to the past anyway! Some fine tuning and we might enter walhalla! Chears! :) :)

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 am

RB750UP is not accesible or visible in Neighbours since the upgrade. Ruter is responding to ping and is working.

visalink
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:47 am

RJ45 SFP 10/100 / 1000M copper module in RB922 with RouterOS 6.32RC3 does not work when you plug the network cable into the SFP module, you lose the connection to the Ether1.

Stay tuned...

popovdv
just joined

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 am

confirm that 6.31:
1. not stable for 750UP
2. high cpu (100%) load on main CapsMan router when Caps start upgrading

So not stable release 6.31

abis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Some examples (obviously using 6.31):

Simply open on winbox 2.2.18 interface/wireless/wlan1 panel and change somethihng, nv2 password are replaced with literallly "***********".

Launch bandwidth test (on one device with password) it start,
stop the test and click start again, instead of real password the winbox sent literally "******" as password, because on memory the password are replaced with "*"

Open one wireless security profile, if you uncheck hide password, the passwords are still to "********",
if you close and re-open the panel the password are show.
If you suibmit the panel with "hide password" checked, the passwords are replaced with real "*"

SAme thing with EoIP shared password
I confirm, happened to me in an IPsec connection type on Peers/Secret (i prefer to use WinBox from The Dude 3.6 but I don't know what version of WinBox it is...)
p.s. Thank you strods for forward!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Little bug when using System > Packages > Check for Updates on a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ w/ 6.30:
14:45:55 script,warning DefConf: Unable to find wireless interface 
It prevented the upgraded from being carried on.

Easily fixed by manually uploading the 6.31 npk file, reporting for completeness sake :)

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:09 pm

RB750UP is not accesible or visible in Neighbours since the upgrade. Ruter is responding to ping and is working.
This is exactly the problem I noticed on 6.31rc16 and 6.31 final. Can you make a supout file and send it to Mikrotik support? I could not send because my routers (two, not so important) were in production and I needed go back to 6.30.2.
PS: They stopped working completely after some time and I had to do a manual power cycle.

ngorchilov
just joined

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42 pm

I have issue with switch port flapping with 6.31 on "model: 750", after downgrade to 6.30.2 all is ok
Same here. RB750 - all switch1 ports (ether2-ether5) are flapping like crazy every 2-3 seconds. Downgraded to 6.30.2 and the issue disappeared. Another try to upgrade to 6.31 - flapping is back. Downgrade agin to 6.30.2 - no flapping.

RB750G as well as few different CCR models are running fine with 6.31.

Tonda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:57 am

jarda wrote:
Hm, I am afraid that programmers from Mikrotik will be able to maintain only one working version - this is the way they are used to do for several years. They tried to create new versioning system, but look - there are much more "new" and "rc" versions and only two bugfix versions for 6.30. And look to changelog, how many bugs are solved in versions > 6.30 which are currently still not implemented to 6.30.X. I impatiently wait for bugfixing version 6.30.X which will contain correction of at least CRS port flapping problem (I think I am not alone, because this bug is f*****g annoying). I would like to update my CRS with bugfix version, but currently I do not have any other option than install screwed version 6.31 or some 6.32 "rc" version. So from my point of view (with several years of programming exprerience) they are not able to maintain several versions, they will release new versions in the same way they did it for years. From my point of view this is not good info regarding RouterOS software because they promised something they are not able to achieve (at least in this moment from version 6.30).

Somikov
just joined

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Routerboard RB411
Can not select led for control:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swenske
just joined

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello,

I can't download the disk image

http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... e-6.31.zip
disk-install.PNG

msdt
just joined

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:51 pm

RB750:
Switch DES-1005P on any port mikrotik.
Auto Negatiation is ON.
Link at intervals of 2 seconds up...down...up....down...
Downgrade to 6.30.2 solved a problem,
RB750, same problem, ports 2 - 5 flaps permanently. 6.30.2 works.

FASINFO
just joined

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Board RB912UAG-5HPnD: There was a problem with the disappearance of remote access to multipoint, after a firmware update to version 6.31: some time lost access via Telnet WnBox and, at the same address multipoint pinged and it generally works. It helps only power off. After some time, access is lost again. After downgrade to 6.30.2 - no problem.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:45 pm

This is exactly the problem I noticed on 6.31rc16 and 6.31 final. Can you make a supout file and send it to Mikrotik support? I could not send because my routers (two, not so important) were in production and I needed go back to 6.30.2.
PS: They stopped working completely after some time and I had to do a manual power cycle.
If I can't access the router, I can't make supout either

gtj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 am

It looks like although getting the script table via snmp is fixed, you can only get and set(run) the one with the highest index...
[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmptable -v2c -Ci -c monitor 172.16.0.50 mtxrScriptTable
SNMP table: MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptTable

index mtxrScriptName mtxrScriptRunCmd
    15 monitor_config                0
    16     regmonitor                0
    17        startup                0
    18         syslog                0

[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmpget -v2c -c command 172.16.0.50 MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptName.15
MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptName.15 = No Such Instance currently exists at this OID

[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmpset -v2c -c command 172.16.0.50 MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.15 = 1
Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.15

[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmpset -v2c -c command 172.16.0.50 MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.16 = 1
Error in packet.
Failed object: MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.16

[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmpset -v2c -c command 172.16.0.50 MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.17 = 1
Error in packet.
Failed object: MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.17

[root@net-dfw1 snmp]# snmpset -v2c -c command 172.16.0.50 MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.18 = 1
MIKROTIK-MIB::mtxrScriptRunCmd.18 = INTEGER: 1
At least in 6.30.x you could get/set all the scripts if you knew the index.
Big step back.

dcavni
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:41 am

Well, i waited a few days before upgrading from 6.30, to 6.31 stupidly thinking, that everything should be ok. Well, that was a bad idea. After an upgrade RB2011 worked until i tried to manualy add adress in adress list. Then it rebooted itself and after reboot PPPoE connection didn't work anymore. Somehow i managed to get it together by reseting all the equipment and downgrade back to 6.30.2. Everything is fine now.

6.31 is not ready yet.

dominet
just joined

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:36 am

By upgrading to version 6.31 on an RB751U-2HnD the WiFi and sometimes the system too hangs or completely freezes. I was unable to create the supout.rif because of the system hang. (Firmware version is 3.24)

I have fallen back to version 6.30.2 and there is now no problem at all.

Please let me know if anybody else has the same problem, or if it's a unique hang/freeze on my system only.

Thanks.
DomiNet.

cybernetus

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:55 am

By upgrading to version 6.31 on an RB751U-2HnD the WiFi and sometimes the system too hangs or completely freezes. I was unable to create the supout.rif because of the system hang. (Firmware version is 3.24)

I have fallen back to version 6.30.2 and there is now no problem at all.

Please let me know if anybody else has the same problem, or if it's a unique hang/freeze on my system only.

Thanks.
DomiNet.
No i have the same problem on my router. My wifi hang/freeze many times and the system too.

I need to revert back to the 6.30.2 too.

AlexS
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 am

What's new in 6.31 (2015-Aug-14 15:42):

*) chr - added support for VMware SCSI virtual disks
*) chr - added support for VMware vmxnet3 network card

Thank you, does that include the open vmware tools as well ????

Just did an upgrade from 29.1 and found my ssh host keys had changed on the box bug or feature ?

EDIT.
shutdown vm added in vmxnet3 nic, it hasn't shown up in the interfaces list :(
Last edited by AlexS on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dominet
just joined

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:20 am

Normis,

Unfortunately version v6.32.RC3 still hangs or completely freezes devices RB751U-2HnD after using for a couple of hours.

For several years all standard releases was never a danger to upgrade to, but with version v6.31 you guys just made it. If I were you, I might consider to call back version v6.31 and to keep v6.30.2 as the latest standard release.

Dominet.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 pm

There were more such problematic updates in the past. I believed that mikrotik changed the approach but it was just a myth from them. I still would like to know what are the quality assurance procedures in mikrotik company.

crash9877
just joined

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 pm

on my RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN wireless won´t work anymore. (wrong password), Reboot Problem and OpenVpn problems. Had to revert back to 6.30.2
same goes to RB951G-2HnD. this sucks big time.

looks like 6.3.1 was never really tested. :D

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:30 pm

For several years all standard releases was never a danger to upgrade to, but with version v6.31 you guys just made it. If I were you, I might consider to call back version v6.31 and to keep v6.30.2 as the latest standard release.

Dominet.
for some time, standard releases are unstable, and beta/candidate are stable :D

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:03 pm

If there would be an 6.30.3 with the PPoE upload speed and the CA certificate import fixed, I would be happy with it...
Nah, forget the CA, just the upload speed fix, backport from 6.31...

dominet
just joined

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Not to mention the Wireless hangings and System freezes on the RB751U-2HnD board.
If there would be an 6.30.3 with the PPoE upload speed and the CA certificate import fixed, I would be happy with it...
Nah, forget the CA, just the upload speed fix, backport from 6.31...

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 pm

If I can't access the router, I can't make supout either
This is so sad... We are on the MT hands now (or brains). Let's wait. :?

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 pm

updated all RB's except SXT :) so far so good

MTeeker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 am

Hi Normis, (not sure if you are the recipient of this)

Issue: OpenVPN is broken in 6.31 on my RB2011UiAS-2HnD (mipsbe)

Attempts to connect to router (v6.31) via openVPN is no longer possible. Same result from various devices, PC, Android and smartphone. Connection via OpenVPN works previously on 6.30.1.

I want to report this issue of OpenVPN on 6.31 as similarly experienced by mmabob (posted on Fri. Aug. 14, 8:44pm) and elgrandiegote (Sat. Aug. 15, 5:53am).

The message from my router:
ovpn,debug,error,,,,,,,,,l2tp,info,,debug,,,critical,,,,,,,,,,,,,wa
rning duplicate packet, dropping

I notice an item on change log of 6.31 and wonders if it's somehow related to the broken ovpn:
*) ovpn - better multicore support for interface initialization/authentication/creation.

I am more than happy to do anything else, if needed, in respect of this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:05 am

All errors should be officially reported to support via email. This is not support forum but user experience forum.

MTeeker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 am

Thanks for the hint.

Have just reported this issue of OpenVPN broken in 6.31 to MikroTik.

On a related issue. If Fast Track allows traffic to bypass firewall, does this mean that QoS settings such as for VoIP no longer works. Just wondering.

Regards

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 am

Yes, it does mean.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:29 pm

We have released 6.32rc5 version. This version include these changes:
*) trafflow - added support for IPv6 packets;
*) switch - fixed port flapping on switch ports of RB750, RB750UP, RB751U-2HnD and RB951-2N (introduced in 6.31)
*) ipsec - added compatibility option skip-peer-id-check;
*) flash - fix kernel failure (exposed by 6.31);
*) bridge firewall - add ipv6 src/dst addr, ip protocol, src/dst port matching to bridge firewall;
*) RB911/RB912 - fix SPI bus lock after fast led blink;
*) ipsec - fix potential memory leak;
*) bridge firewall - vlan matchers support service tag - 0x88a8
*) ippool6 - try to acquire the same prefix if info matches recently freed;
*) crs switch - allow to unset port learn-limit, new default is unset to allow more than 1023 hosts per port;
*) x86 - fixed 32bit multi-cpu kernel support;
*) chr - add hotspot,btest,traffgen support;
*) revised change that caused reboot by watchdog problems introduced in v6.31;
*) ipsec - use local-address for phase 1 matching and initiation;
*) ipsec - fix transport mode ph2 ID ports when policy selects specific ip protocol on initiator;
*) certificates -fixed bug where crl stopped working after a while;
*) ip accounting - fixed kernel crash;
*) snmp - fix system scripts get;
*) hotspot - ignore PoD remote requests if no hs configured;
*) hotspot - fix kernel failure when www plugin aborts on broken html source;
*) torch - add invert filter for src/dst/src6/dst6 addresses ;
*) bonding - add min_links property for 802.3ad mode;
*) snmp - get vlan speed from master interface.

For those of you who have issues with key-exchange-timeout (wireless) - please check if your nv2 key has not been changed to "*****". If you use Winbox2, then with latest version security keys might be replaced with "****".

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Any news about PPPoE COA implementation?

visalink
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:01 pm

RJ45 SFP 10/100 / 1000M copper module in RB922 with RouterOS 6.32RC3 does not work when you plug the network cable into the SFP module, you lose the connection to the Ether1.

Stay tuned...
This problem no longer exists in version 6.32RC5

misant
just joined

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:00 am

6.31 version works fine on my test lab equipment RB750G after firmware upgrade to 3.24 .
Previous version of firmware was 2.26 and I was getting port flapping, kernel caused reboots and other unwanted issues.

It looks like Mikrotik staff tests only with fresh firmware, btw everyone never updates firmware without reason. If there are possible issues, you need to inform user with LARGE RED LETTERS that old firmware is not recommended with new release.

Can anyone confirm that 6.31 is ok with last firmware on their test environment.

Anyway I am still unsure if it is safe to install it in production environment.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:06 am

It is normal to update firmware after the ros update. It could sometimes happen that you won't have chance to. Anyway mikrotik normally says that firmware updates are not so essential because they just add new devices support that is not necessary for older devices you already run. Hard to say how much is it true, your experience says the opposite...

kotsius
just joined

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:45 pm

i try upgrade my RB493aH .. run 5 min and blocked, cant acess via mac or ip..
power off, power on.. again 3min, again 20 min.. WTF with 6.31.. with problems i return to 6.29.1, i have lucky that these mtik was on my house, so i can unplug power, but we have some network in the city, not good option.
Problem confirmed. I upgraded 28 routers (incl. two x86 machines) from v6.29.1 to v6.31 and, on 2 of those, I completely lose Winbox access via IP or MAC, as well as SSH, a short while after each and every reboot. Otherwise, they seem to function fine.

In our case, what sets these two 951G-2HnD routers apart from the others, is that 4 of their ports are on a bridge and ether5 is used to connect to another router – an identical 951G-2HnD which serves as the former's backup, and which can be accessed without problems. When ether5 is disconnected, the problem seems to go away. Do I need to contact support?

Update: It now seems that eventually all routers become inaccessible, irrespective of model, incl. e.g. 951G-2HnD, 2011iL, Grooves, the lot. All these machines' firmware was updated after the upgrade, so this is definitely not a firmware issue. The problem surfaces long after the upgrade, ranging from a few hours to several days, hence it could not be detected during early testing. Downgrading to 6.30.2 resolves the problem.

This is a very serious problem, as routers in remote locations cannot be accessed and hence cannot be downgraded. Ideally, it should not recur in a proper released version ever again.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:48 pm

We have tested 6.32rc5 in our CCR1036 Campsman-hotspot-Userman controller and have lost all capsman and interface config as happened with 6.31.rc11. Can't upgrade above 6.31rc10. Export from console freezes. Can't add capsman interfaces manually too. Reverting again to 6.31rc10 all config returns and ok. Can't have WMM power saving over capsman feature yet. Dont know what was introduced above 31rc10 but no more upgrades was possible.

Sended supout.rif. More than 20 minutes for generating the file!

Hope this helps. Thaks in advance MK.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:50 pm

6.31 version works fine on my test lab equipment RB750G after firmware upgrade to 3.24 .
Previous version of firmware was 2.26 and I was getting port flapping, kernel caused reboots and other unwanted issues.

It looks like Mikrotik staff tests only with fresh firmware, btw everyone never updates firmware without reason. If there are possible issues, you need to inform user with LARGE RED LETTERS that old firmware is not recommended with new release.

Can anyone confirm that 6.31 is ok with last firmware on their test environment.

Anyway I am still unsure if it is safe to install it in production environment.
Many update firmware each time when software brings new. Several complaint about the fact it can't be done in one go. Now you always need two reboots.

And although I have been updating firmware on each occasion, I also still occurred many of the issues flooding this topic.

Have to mention the rc5 looks to have fixed the reboot issue and 'invisible' issue of some of mine rb750UP's.

dadoremix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:59 pm

What is that for error
ipsec, error

on router board 493AH with 2 wifi card 9 lans
last stable was 6.29.1
6.31 kill instant 493ah
6.30.4 also not working :(

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 am

This is a very serious problem, as routers in remote locations cannot be accessed and hence cannot be downgraded. Ideally, it should not recur in a proper released version ever again.
Yes, Mikrotik should pull off v6.31 from download page to avoid more headaches. We already have it enough in everyday life.

infused

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 am

Normis,

Unfortunately version v6.32.RC3 still hangs or completely freezes devices RB751U-2HnD after using for a couple of hours.

Dominet.
All versions are a danger to upgrade. Run it in a lab first. That's what we do, for a number of hours/days.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 am

That's what I am still saying. Make own tests or don't update. When 6.31 killed one of my testing devices, the result was clear. 6.30.2 looks good and I don't see any reason to move forward now. But those who do the updates surely know why they have decided to.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 am

One of the mayor issues Mikrotik needs to address is the fact that an OS version proven to give so many problems is still beeing listed as 'current' for upgrades. Any user/operator that did not take the effort to read this manual (normally spoken that is not a required need when you buy certain product. Do you go to the manufactures forum before you upgrade to a new car?) and that thinks its time to perform a auto-upgrade is installing a version that brings loads of problems.

I seriously find Mikrotik should consider to pull back 3.31 from 'current' status and revert back to 3.30.2 as long as 3.31 or 3.32 is proven not to bring massive issues as they do right now.....

On the moment the policy of Mikrotik to keep 3.31 as 'current' lures many into situations that should be avoided. I think its yet another nail into their coffin.....

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:01 pm

We had one rb433ah still giving regular problems going from 3.31 to 3.32rc1, to rc2 and rc3. Its ethernet ports crashed completely once a day. (Usually in the morning when traffic started to pick up from clients)
Traffic from this board toward adjacent rb800 started to loose more and more packages to a level the rb433ah became un-accesible. It takes about half an hour in which it looks sometimes the router sort of fixes itself a couple of times, traffic improved, but after a minute or so package losses went up to 80-90% again...
Luckily that board has its power controlled by a rb750 reachable via another route so we can do a powercycle to the rb433ah to bring it back. Immediately after the board comes back it runs fine the rest of the day ....
This morning I decided to give it rc5. See how that one is working......

rc5 did help me with some rb750's and SXT's somewhere else in my network. They were (auto-!)upgraded to 3.31 (because it was a 'current' version and it did work fine on about 30 other client SXT's somewhere else in my network) and 2 (out of 4rb750's and 30+ SXT's) suddenly became not accesible after a while... (5-10 mins). Not accesible for a winbox session. From neigboring router I could telnet them and reboot them. After the reboot I could than access them with winbox and upgrade to the latest rc version.
I updated these to 6.32rc5 and so far didn't lose these units anymore..... (18 hours now...)

soosp

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Big WARRNING DO NOT upgrade 750UP I have problem on network after couple hours devices just crash some reset by watchdog some not.
I kill my network with this upgrade.
Agree, I have similar problem. If a POE powered device is connected, the 750UP completly hangs. I had to downgrade to ROS 6.29.1.

saktie
just joined

6.32 released [request next version]

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Dear All,
[request] the next version,
- 'Ping [: resolves xxxx] use-dns = yes'
- 'Ping6 xxx use-dns = yes'
- 'Traceroute tool [: resolves xxx] use-dns = yes'
- 'Traceroute6 tool use-dns = yes'

soosp

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Big WARRNING DO NOT upgrade 750UP I have problem on network after couple hours devices just crash some reset by watchdog some not.
I kill my network with this upgrade.
Agree, I have similar problem. If a POE powered device is connected, the 750UP completly hangs. I had to downgrade to ROS 6.29.1.
Upgrade to ROS version 6.30.4 it works, but with 6.31 it very unstable.

Bitto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:05 pm

All RB750UP's Does not work stable with this version. (input chain (device) ip/Mac becomes inaccessable) other routers are not affected so far.

Urgent bugfix needed.

mroke
just joined

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:25 pm

I install on AINOS (x86) and ping is high and connection is run slowly. and i back to 6.30.4. Ping and performance back to normal.

rabahobeid
just joined

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 pm

issue OmniTIK UPA-5HnD reboot watchdog timer

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Please follow changelog for 6.32rc versions. Basically, if you use version 6.x, then check if issue is not fixed in 6.x+1rc.

Omnitik and 750UP issues are already fixed in 6.32rc version for a while now.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Please follow changelog for 6.32rc versions. Basically, if you use version 6.x, then check if issue is not fixed in 6.x+1rc.

Omnitik and 750UP issues are already fixed in 6.32rc version for a while now.
Not true! The 'becoming invisible' issue of some 750UP's existed until 6.32rc2, and rc3. Only now in rc5 it seems to have been solved....

zolfaghari
just joined

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

hi

i have a routerboard ( hap lite RB941-2nD ) and i want to install user man. on it. how could i do this?
in this site (mikrotik.com/download) there is no package for user man.

version of my router os : 6.31

i've downloaded extra package And main Package but user manager.npk doesn't exist.
is it possible ,that user-man install on my RB?

what should i do???? :?:
please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:( :(

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 pm

hi

i have a routerboard ( hap lite RB941-2nD ) and i want to install user man. on it. how could i do this?
in this site (mikrotik.com/download) there is no package for user man.

version of my router os : 6.31

i've downloaded extra package And main Package but user manager.npk doesn't exist.
is it possible ,that user-man install on my RB?

what should i do???? :?:
please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:( :(
First of all use normal carácter size... this is very irritating. Like you are shouting...

Secondly, 6.31 is not a stable package at all, even although the website looks like to suggest it is.... (that's why you have to follow this forum...)

So go back to earlier version, say 6.27 (after installing 6.31 the earlier versions are shown in the options section of the package upgrade window) and try again to install...

Good luck.

zolfaghari
just joined

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:37 pm

thanks for your help

please give me the url for:
1- router OS 6.27 for SMIPS ( hap lite - RB941-2nD )
2- a package that contain USER-MANAGER

thanks a lot ;)

fabiandr
just joined

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello, what is the most stable version so far? for use with CCR PPPoe server and BGP.

Thank you!

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 pm

/system package update> install                
          channel: current
  current-version: 6.31
   latest-version: 6.31
why downloaded?

/system package update 
cancel  check-for-updates  download  edit  export  get  install  print  set
where is "upgrade"?

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:52 am

thanks for your help

please give me the url for:
1- router OS 6.27 for SMIPS ( hap lite - RB941-2nD )
2- a package that contain USER-MANAGER

thanks a lot ;)
1) http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... s-6.27.zip
2) This url should to contain the user manager package.

You are welcome! ;-)

karina

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:42 pm

RB433 AH lost access to router after upgrade but traffic still flowing and can ping router. Telnet. SSH and winbox. Reboot restores access until a change to ip config is made. the first ever upgrade to fail for me. back to 6.30.2 all ok

freeat12five
just joined

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:20 pm

After upgrading our 751G-2HnD to 6.31 it locks up after running for some time. The unit can be pinged but other than, the unit cannot be accessed and does not pass traffic, requiring a system reboot.

We have a 951G-2HnD and CRS112-8G-4S that do not appear to be affected, though their load is a bit lower.

I have downgraded all systems to 6.29 (which ran great) for the time being.

monline
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm

Board: RB912G-2HPnD
ROS: 6.32rc6

Can't access router config (winbox/telnet/mac_telnet/web). It's a lab board with no config at all (only IP from dhcp); I can ping the dhcp assigned IP but nothing more.
The board work ok on 6.30.4 or 6.31, but something go wrong with latest 6.32rc6.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:52 pm