MikroTik App

hashbang
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

hotspot queues not working on 6.30.4

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi,
H/w 1100 ahx2 version 6.30.4 running hotspot and pppoe on various vlans. dynamic queues of hotspot are not working but pppoe queues are working well. Anyone having the same problem

hashbang
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: hotspot queues not working on 6.30.4

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 pm

I'd posted same problem earlier with mikrotik 6.23-6.27. After studying the problem I found :
When there is hotspot and pppoe-server running on Mikrotik on vlans and hotspot user profile setting is insert queue before=bottom then hotspot queues dont work. If I change the profile setting to insert queue before=first then queues work. In this scenario my static queues which are used to pass free benefits received from cdns goes below hotspot queues. Though workaround has been done through on login command in hotspot. Mikrotik should correct this problem.

soamz

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:08 am

I'd posted same problem earlier with mikrotik 6.23-6.27. After studying the problem I found :
When there is hotspot and pppoe-server running on Mikrotik on vlans and hotspot user profile setting is insert queue before=bottom then hotspot queues dont work. If I change the profile setting to insert queue before=first then queues work. In this scenario my static queues which are used to pass free benefits received from cdns goes below hotspot queues. Though workaround has been done through on login command in hotspot. Mikrotik should correct this problem.

Is this the same bug ???
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102785
How to solve ?

hashbang
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:59 am

yes seems so. If u change the default behaviour of queue order in hotspot/profile queues stopped working. Ticket was raised few months back but no idea about resolution. It took time to make MT support understand the problem. There is no mentioning this bug in any of the release.
I dont know why u want hotspot queue to be below. Keep the profile default. My problem was i wanted 3 or 4 static queues to be always on top. So I did it with script in profile/login