MikroTik App

HaQs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik policy on the announcement and production of new products

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello.
I would like to officially ask MT a few questions. I think not only on my behalf but also other buyers of your products.

1. Why do you have such a strange policy of new product announcements?
(We will not say anything until there is a big MUM where something will announce)

I understand it as if you introduced any great innovative products that could be you sneak a competition or anything, but after several years there has released any innovative product ? (not counting CCR)
The same competition. What would you have to steal? dynadish project? CRS project ?

2. Why do not you cooperate with the environment that buys your products?
Only in the great mystery you design something and goes something like this that are hard somewhere to put / install, or has shortcomings:

for example:

1) switch models CRS display at the top, rather than do it from the front and then maybe adding as a full rack ears
2) netmetal - as we have done version of the SFP is where the jack DC?
3) groove - why not add to their angular N as in the METAL version.
4) SEXTANT - removing covers very cumbersome
5) Why mounting to the SXT no vertical adjustment? (I know that it is often unnecessary but sometimes it would be useful)
6) QRT - theme with earthing screw screwed from the inside also not hit
7) Routerboardy without housing - why reset is not always from the Ethernet so that it fits as a substitute for example, the QRT
8 ) Why you not design QRT so that it fits them another RB for example RB922UAGS-5HPacD with SFP and DC. ?
9) FTC - what was that? cover project? this hard to use, maybe with DC jack , but without what is this ?

I just write like this out, but so what?

Perhaps a good idea would be to officially publish what are you going to produce and before production allow users to submit suggestions and amendments to the draft devices?
And this atmosphere of great secrecy yourself to the most innovative products.

Why do you not do products what your clients would like to see?
Last edited by HaQs on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

marrold

Re: Mikrotik policy on the announcement and production of new products

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Do you know any other manufacturer that has an open forum to debate and discuss new products?

Apple release the same handset in a slightly different case with a handful of extra features that other handsets have had for years, and people go crazy and queue up to buy one.

So long as Mikrotik are profitable and growing, it's unlikely they care about ever moan on their forum.

HaQs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:12 am

hmm, other manufacturers of this caliber do not have a forum?

I'm not saying that it is tragic, but it could be better.

Note that this is what I wrote above in the "defects" are trifles.
Also they could be worked out. This did not affect the price.

Also according to me mikrotik can do better equipment. Current is good, can be better;)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:28 am

Maybe I gan give a few answers.

1. RM models are for rackmount, they have display in front. Desktop units are not meant for rackmounting, more for wall mounting. This is why display is on top, and there are no ears

2. Next model will have it

5. We have announced QuickMount, very low cost adjustable SXT mount http://routerboard.com/QMP

6. Clarify your question. Screw is on the outside http://routerboard.com/RB911G-5HPacD-QRT

7. QRT is not a case, but a complete product. You can't ask Apple to design an iPhone, so that you can exchange the screen with something from a different model. It is not built for that purpose.

8. I think this is the same as 7 ?

9. It is an adapter. If you have no use for it, just ignore it :) Others use it.

HaQs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks normis.
Your answers are always kind and very valuable.

1. RM models are for rackmount, they have display in front. Desktop units are not meant for rackmounting, more for wall mounting. This is why display is on top, and there are no ears
OK so we wait for version RACK :)

2. Next model will have it
Very thanks, Although, as I mentioned. If the communication was better that's the first model to be had.

5. We have announced QuickMount, very low cost adjustable SXT mount http://routerboard.com/QMP
I saw, however, and an additional metal handle to adjust the vertical, coming out with us a whole $ 5. Also, the product affordable for SXT not hit.

6. Clarify your question. Screw is on the outside http://routerboard.com/RB911G-5HPacD-QRT
I mean turning the screws from the inside the enclosure. You would invent better;)

7. QRT is not a case, but a complete product. You can't ask Apple to design an iPhone, so that you can exchange the screen with something from a different model. It is not built for that purpose.
8. I think this is the same as 7 ?
Yes I know. Just note that it would increase the production costs of this device. And you could do more universal cover.
Even for you, it would be useful. You could release additional product RB922 installing them. So you had you would PTP SFP equipment at no extra cost.

9. It is an adapter. If you have no use for it, just ignore it :) Others use it.
Yes I know. However, here too one could make interesting product:
Add the DC connector and RJ45 do POE OUT.

With this method, we have a nice external converter.
that we can use for each of your RB POE IN. and add fiber to RB that it does not have sfp :)

Summing up the conversation.
We are happy that mikotik listens to customers.
However, this could be a little better.

kbuska

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Is there a source where I can purchase the ears for either a rack mount or a wall mount solution?

kbuska

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:32 pm

I found a mention where Normis mentioned that CRS were suppose to come with ears.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 67#p457467

Thank you,
Ken

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:30 pm

A DC jack mounted upside down will fail in a tower due to vibration !