Community discussions

MikroTik App

bayukids
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik CCR 1036 always Shutdown after booting

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Dear All,
Anyone have experience about Mikrotik CCR 1036 always shutdown after finished booting?
the problem occurs after i upgrade to the new version. Please help me to solving it. If i reinstall, can i backup old condiguration?
Thank you

G2Dolphin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik CCR 1036 always Shutdown after booting

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

NetInstall tool can save your configuration and upload any RouterOS version to your hardware.

gabrielpike
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Would you mind elaborating on this? I have had problems with CCR 1036 fans not working on newer firmware consistently. When running 6.28 I have no problems, but anything newer and fans do not spin causing router to overheat and reboot.

SystemErrorMessage

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:29 pm

It seems to me like you didnt properly upload the firmware to the router. This problem is actually very common and luckily for mikrotik the missing bits are usually unimportant. This is also a problem that i have experienced (not the shutdown but the incomplete file transfers)

File operation in routerOS is really really bad and when i use winbox to deal with files not only does it use a lot of CPU but i get disconnected frequently from just leaving the files section opened.

Routerboards have a backup routerOS which you need to access in some way. Its more difficult than a normal reset but it is worth trying if they still have this feature. What you do is you boot with the backup routerOS, upload the new firmware and make sure that all the firmware files are uploaded properly. You might end up having to upload the same file a few times.

Ubiquiti has much better file handling than routerOS.