Community discussions

MikroTik App

kwilliams
just joined
Topic Author

cAP 2n - wall mounting issue

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I have a simple but important question regarding the wall mounting capability of the CAP2n. I want to see if anyone else has experienced this?

We have recently switched over from using unifi AUP's running open SSID's attached to a 750UP that ran the captive portal.

For most installations this setup is a little over kill. We have therefore switched to the CAP2n flying saucer (which I have to say I'm very impressed with).

The only problem I have is with it's wall mounting ability (or lack of). The UAP's have a little space to allow the cable out so it can be tacked to the wall. TheCAP 2n doesn't - meaning when I try and push the unit flush to the wall, the cable is getting squashed.

It appears that it can only be ceiling mounted with a cable going into the ceiling itself - which isn't possible for a number of our installs.

It does say the unit is "Everything is included to get you started, wall/ceiling mount, PoE injector, power adapter and even the screws and screw anchors." (as quoted on their website).

Can anyone shed any light on this or is experiencing similar issues?

andressis2k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: cAP 2n - wall mounting issue

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:03 pm

You can install wAP. It's cheaper, better (MIMO), and allows you to install it on wall or ceilling, either indoor or outdoor.