Community discussions

MikroTik App

dstr
just joined
Topic Author

SXT LTE wont find any networks. Broken?

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:56 pm

We're trying to get our SXT LTE to connect, but the only thing that loops in the logs is "PLMN search takes too long, restarting".

If we try to scan for networks it says "error: info or scan not running".

Is it broken or are we doing something wrong?

dstr
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXT LTE wont find any networks. Broken?

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:31 pm

are you sure you have B7 or B3 network in there?
Yes, in Sweden we have several (at least 3-4) of them, including my wireless broadband company. But it won't even scan for them.

We've tried both 6.33.5 and 6.34.rc41.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dstr
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 pm

And this is what the log says.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:48 pm

dstr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:29 am

Routerboard firmware upgrade from 3.22 to 3.24 solved it!

keisim
just joined

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Are there any networks in LTE Scanner window after upgrade?

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Same problem here.

BAND 3 and 7 is supported by SIM card provider but i got stuck in PLNM search and no connection.

Scan does not work.

[Ticket#2016042266000021]

24action
just joined

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:15 am

Hello guys.

I've four piece of SXT-LTE's here and sorry my summary -> biggest shit divice I've ever bought!
I waisted now more then two days back and fourth to try and solve that PLMN problem.

When I put a Orange card from Spain inside it's working within seconds. But if I put a Vodafone Spain
SIM card inside - endless PLMN search!!!!

I have checked all frequencies! All settings! All firmware's! All RouterOS'es!

What ever I do that shame device is not working!!!!

Maybe here is a guru who can help me - otherwise I'll trash that shit and go back to my old systems based on
Teltonika Rut 550 or better Teltonika RUT 950 Linux devices!!!

Shame Mikrotik, shame Routerboard!

Key notes:

Bands: 3 and 7
Tested: Vodafone Unlimited SIM's; Orange Unlimited SIM's; Movistar Unlimited SIM's
Working only with Orange!!!!
PIN: Yes and NO - no change
Bands select: 3,7, none, 3. 7.
Standard: LTE or none. 3G and below doesn't able to select.

Guy's I give up! It's late and I have no more patience for Mikrofuck.

thx for being patience with me.

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi,

Same problem with me here, i'v lost hours and hours and no results.

A strage thing is that in lte info i get 15mhz channel info and our providers use 20mhz, its on wikipedia dor vodafone and other providers.

Mikrotik will fix this, they are very good.

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello guys.

I've four piece of SXT-LTE's here and sorry my summary -> biggest **it divice I've ever bought!
I waisted now more then two days back and fourth to try and solve that PLMN problem.

When I put a Orange card from Spain inside it's working within seconds. But if I put a Vodafone Spain

Key notes:

Tested: Vodafone Unlimited SIM's; Orange Unlimited SIM's; Movistar Unlimited SIM's

Hi 24action,

Can you please try with a LTE orange card just on band 3 as band 3 supports 15mhz channel.

Vodafone Portugal and Spain and more providers are just supporting channels with 20mhz for band 3 and 7.

According to wikipedia Orange Spain supports LTE on band 3 with 15mhz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_L ... _in_Europe

I think its time to send all SXT to RMA

24action
just joined

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

Hello guys.

I've four piece of SXT-LTE's here and sorry my summary -> biggest **it device I've ever bought!

Key notes:

Hi 24action,

Can you please try with a LTE orange card just on band 3 as band 3 supports 15mhz channel.

Vodafone Portugal and Spain and more providers are just supporting channels with 20mhz for band 3 and 7.

According to wikipedia Orange Spain supports LTE on band 3 with 15mhz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_L ... _in_Europe

I think its time to send all SXT to RMA

I have tried now every possible provider incl. Movistar. Sorry guy's Mikrotik SXT-LTE is a SHIT device not working in Spain at all. Very disappointed and really questioning MIKROTIK more and more. Even with now the newest release of Firmware and OS it's impossible to get it running! Also network scan is impossible. If you want to change the authentication you have to do it in the terminal. Here an example:

/interface lte (enter)

set apn=ac.vodafone.es authentication=chap/pap/none name=lte0 user=vodafone password=vodafone network-mode=lte (enter)

Can't describe how angry I am.
Last edited by 24action on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:44 am

Just that your 4G operator has some band 3 or 7 towers does not mean they have them in your location. It is possible that this specific location only has the other band towers. SXT LTE will not see 3G or other LTE band towers. The mobile operators often use one band in one place, and some other bands in the other places.

24action
just joined

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Just that your 4G operator has some band 3 or 7 towers does not mean they have them in your location. It is possible that this specific location only has the other band towers. SXT LTE will not see 3G or other LTE band towers. The mobile operators often use one band in one place, and some other bands in the other places.

Well, very nice but with Teltonika RUT 550 and 900 it's working fantastic with the same antenna setup in 4G mode! Also it's not required 4G force to conenct. Reinvite also is allowed but not required. Tried several other 3G/4G routers - they all work a fine. BTW most of them use the Huawei ME909u-521 LTE module. So why other producers can and Mikrotik can't?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Well, very nice but with Teltonika RUT 550 and 900 it's working fantastic with the same antenna setup in 4G mode! Also it's not required 4G force to conenct. Reinvite also is allowed but not required. Tried several other 3G/4G routers - they all work a fine. BTW most of them use the Huawei ME909u-521 LTE module. So why other producers can and Mikrotik can't?
I understand that, but those other devices most likely support other bands too, SXT LTE supports only bands 3 and 7, which may not be available in your area.

Can you make sure you are running the latest RouterOS and make a supout.rif file while scanning for networks? We will check if there are no problems happening

kristaps
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:41 pm

I am sorry that you are having issue with SXT LTE in Spain,

This is our first lte product, We have certified it and it should work in both 3 and 7 lte band in all available Channel
bandwidths (1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 Mhz ) We tested it in different markets before launching and we did not encounter issue with connecting.

/interface lte scan lte1 is not supported command for SXT LTE, It will connect automatically to network based on sim information.

Other thing is that in some countries operators have white list of vendors imei that they allow on their network. Have you tried different usb modem that is not from your s country's operators ?

Also please send more supout.rif file with latest 6.36rc to support@mikrotik.com with added.
/system logging add topics=lte

Kiril
just joined

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:47 am

Hi, SXT LTE roaming is not allowed. How can change it?

In Bulgaria, we have national LTE roaming, we are using any type of vendor equipment (Huawei, Teltonika, ZTE, Cisco etc.) and there is no problem to use other operator LTE network. Unfortunately SXT LTE does not allow roaming. We tested it at the same location with other router and the same SIM and everything is OK.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:53 am

Are you sure the operator uses supported channels in this location? 
The SXT only works in band 3 and 7. Maybe it has nothing to do with roaming.

Kiril
just joined

Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Yes. I'm sure.
Band 3 is used by all LTE operators in Bulgaria.

oetti
just joined

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:09 am

I've got the same problem with Vodafone Germany. 

No connections - only endless PLMN searches. The same sim, but different device (Asus 4G-AC55U) connects successfully. 
I've tried OS 6.29.1 and 6.35.4, different settings, apns, usernames, password - without any success.

any help would be appreciated!

Chris

oetti
just joined

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Ok, i've found out, that i'm in the range of Band 20 only (800Mhz), so that i can not use this device at the moment.
Any support of Band 20 would be really welcome, otherwise i've bought an 100€ paperweight.  :(

deth22
just joined

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 am

Hello, have a question, is it possible to change IMEI on Mikrotik SXT LTE? it is necessary to refer to Mikrotik as a smartphone.

RogerWilco

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:08 am

Hello, have a question, is it possible to change IMEI on Mikrotik SXT LTE? it is necessary to refer to Mikrotik as a smartphone.
No, it is illegal to change the IMEI on mobile devices - SXT LTE, phones, modems - everything. You can "repair" them legally though.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:21 am

Can you point to a law that forbids to change the imei?

flameproof
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:14 am

Just to contradict the user from Spain, I have an SXT LTE working on Vodafone, the signal is low but that's what I also get on my mobile - Vodafone doesn't have good LTE coverage here. With this signal I still get 19Mbps down, 12Mbps up.
SXT LTE Vodafone.png

sdaudet
just joined

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi every body my name is stephane i am french and i would like to setup a antenna in spain with movistar
but i don’t understant could you post all picture to set up my antena lte ?
I try movistar.es in apn and movistar login movistar password but no scan possible .
I can’t change band when i select some band press apply and i will return to original set up why
Thanks for help