Community discussions

MikroTik App

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Packet Loss Lan basebox5

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Good morning !friends, the problem I have been facing is the following:

I have a computer installed a router to version 5.22. I use it as my primary server and it has 4 interfaces. One of this interfaces that I mentioned is named (CLIENT) this interface transport the traffic to a TPLINK switch and this switch pass traffic to other radios that are POINT TO POINT to my towers. This switch have more or less 8 PTP´s and all working fine ! Starting from this point lets go to the problem... one of this PTP ´s that is plugged in this switch i have basebox5 working 24hrs per day ok, this radio have good traffic with WLAN ok without packet loss to other side of PTP WLAN. But when i ping this basebox 5 from my routeros server (10.10.10.1) to this basebox5 (10.10.10.9) sometimes when ping is around 250packets or 300 always lose 4 packets simultaneously and consecutively the other side of the link lose those 4 packets for all customers. But I thought it might be the network card of the primary server installed RouterOS but if the network card had problems all other links could lose packets and they dont lose ! already changed the patch poe basebox and now i dont know what to do... already changed the patch poe basebox! what should i do ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Packet Loss Lan basebox5

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 am

Check cable from switch to basebox. Chech basebox interface ethernet Rx / Tx stats, look for errors.

In any case, I'd replace that tplink switch with something worthy, along with the rest of equipment.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Hello Dear Friend, thanks for your reply ! i bought new basebox and the problem still continues ... what now remains for me to change is tplink and the network cable... right? by the way im using mpls between PTPs but i think its not the problem..

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... using_MPLS

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:33 pm

With the tplink in the middle, I'd bet my neck it being the source of your problems.

Where are you using MPLS? between each PTP radio, or through the tplink? whic radios are you using?

Look for a switch with good max L2MTU, at least >= 4000, like a CRS125 or any other brand, stay away from *link brands and you'll save yourself headaches for future MPLS deployments.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Dear pukkita hello, and thanks again for you trying to help me bro !

i think you are right ... i have rb450g saved, if I turn it on a switch you think I could use it? thanks again !

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Are you using MPLS across that switch?

If you're not using MPLS across the switch, then yes, you can test with it. If you are, I would'n t use it to test.

Sadly the RB450G (nor any RB4xx) is not really suited to be the hub of an MPLS network, as its max L2MTU is rather low, 1520. That unit is more suited towards being a PE router, PPPoE AC, etc.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Hello dear pukkita,

im using mpls between basebox wlan of station and other basebox of otherside wlan cliente... like that tutorial that i pasted link only this..

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:46 pm

With nowadays RouterOS is no longer needed to use neither WDS nor MPLS mode to transparent bridge two networks; use ap bridge wireless mode at one end, and station-bridge at the other, it's all needed.

Could try that setup to rule out a MPLS problem.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Hello Dear Friend, yah but tutorials says that WDS isnot compatible with N mode because WDS dont have support frame agregation ! is it right ??

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Why use WDS? Look at the top rightmost corner of that web page (Applies to ROS 3.x 4.x)

Not needed at all nowadays, to make a transparent bridge the proper practice is using ap-bridge or bridge (if L3) at one end, station-bridge at the other, create a bridge at each radio with wlan1 and ether1, and you're done.

WDS has its applications: making a given radio AP and station at the same time, which can be of use on certain, specific situations; but it comes with limitations.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:47 pm

right i agree, now think about this with me, if i have point of presence (POP) configured as ap bridge do i need to go to interface wlan and enable wds mode dynamic or no :?

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm

i mean like this:

this is a pop;

name="wlan1" mtu=1500 mac-address=4C:5E:0C:BB:86:4F arp=enabled
interface-type=Atheros AR92xx mode=ap-bridge ssid="MY SSID NAME" frequency=5130
band=5ghz-a/n channel-width=20mhz scan-list=5100-5240 wireless-protocol=any
wds-mode=dynamic wds-default-bridge=bridge-local wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled
default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=no default-ap-tx-limit=0

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:29 pm

No.

you set the AP as AP-bridge, and the rest of stations as station-bridge.

That way you'll have a transparent L2 link through wchich you can use DHCP or PPPoE to distribute addresses.

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 am

Good afternoon my dear colleague pukita, managed to solve the problem and your help is much welcome, since it was only one who was interested in helping me and dispos their time to try to help me solve my problem I owe satisfactions and as I just solve later come back here in the forum to detail her what was causing the problem so that maybe one day even you know more than I, this case maybe someday I can help you if you go through the same problem.
:D

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:47 am

So using ap-bridge/bridge fixed the issue?

druiah
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 am

Hello, Dear Pukita how are you ? i hope fine !

Sorry about my delay to say what was the problem, i have been busy last weeks... but the problem was looping caming from other ptp... when i change STP in other ptp the problem of packet loss just stopped. !! cheers ! thank you for ur supporte bro ! now im with new problem kkkk