Community discussions

MikroTik App

shovon
Topic Author

hAP AC problem... is there any issues with ethernet chip?

Sun May 01, 2016 11:17 am

Hello,

I bought a hAP AC on 28th April. On first boot, I failed to login using winbox and ethernet cable (ether1). It shows "downloading plugins..." then it stops right there. I logged in using wireless interface without any issue. I thought it might be a software bug or a problem with the default config. I updated the firmware to the latest, and I updated the RoS to v6.35 and reset with no default config. Still I got the same issue in wired ethernet ports, and now I've no wireless! Because there's no default config now. So, now I've no access to the router anymore!

Then I "netinstall" the router os, and installed RoS v6.35.1 with default config. Then I logged in through wireless interface again. I configured the router by editing default settings without reset. Still I got issues with winbox login through ethernet ports. I use the latest winbox (v.3.4) and I've many other routerboard devices. I can login to those devices without any issue. I got a hAP lite for free in MUM, I've no issues like this with that device too. I tried using different computers.

I decided to try 6.32.4 (Bugfix only) and found that there's not enough space in flash to store that file for ROS upgrade. Is this 16MB a kind of joke? I've netinstall 6.32.4 (Bugfix only), and found nothing changed.

* I found the problem is not only with the ethernet, problem is with the wireless interface too. It often disconnects, I found nothing in router log for the cause of this disconnection.
* I keep backups of my configurations in its' "spacious" 16MB flash, but after every disconnection, I found the backup files are lost!

I suspect the problem is either with the ethernet chip, or for the low storage space. Please help.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: hAP AC problem... is there any issues with ethernet chip?

Mon May 02, 2016 12:49 pm

RouterOS upgrade doesn't use storage space, you FTP the upgrade file right into RAM drive.
16MB is more than enough for RouterOS to run, and to upgrade. Only user files have no space, but for that you have the USB port.

Backup files can also be saved on a USB stick.

All files that you don't put into "/flash" folder will be lost after reboot, unless they are upgrade files. Your backup files need to go either into "/flash" or into the USB drive, because, like I said above, root directory is in the ramdrive, which clears upon reboot.

shovon
Topic Author

Tue May 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks. I understand the flash issue. But why it keeps disconnecting me from winbox every few minutes? Now I flashed back into v.6.35. From the next day I can login through ethernet using winbox, is there any temperature issue? I've been using 850Gx2, hap lite, x86 and 3011UiAS-RM, none of them have any issue like this.

shovon
Topic Author

Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 am

Say, I wanna downgrade ros, can I do it using device RAM? I think not. I had to use netinstall for this. So 16MB is kinda inadequate IMO.