Community discussions

MikroTik App

JamesBitCo
just joined
Topic Author

RB450s Voltage Display Incorrect

Fri May 06, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if this is a duplicate? I have scoured the Internet to try find anything.

I am using an RB450s connected to a UPS Solar setup running on DC batteries. The purpose of the RB is to send emails when input voltages reach critical values. This is all working 100%

Here is my challenge - When I manually check the input voltage of the batteries with my voltmeter, there is a 1v difference between the voltmeter and Mikotik system voltage? (The Mikrotik is higher by 1v)

Is there any way to actually change "anything" to edit the system voltage reading? Source code or OI or is this just a physical reading from the IC on the board?

Worst case, I will put a math function into my script to change the voltage before it is emailed to me - but that's cheating.

Thanks!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 06, 2016 2:47 pm

I am missing ofset value to be set also. Unfortunately it is normal that internally measured voltage values are not precise. In these applications even 0,2v difference is too much. So far you need to calibrate the threshold values in your scripts individually.