MikroTik App

Ferrograph
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

wAP AC PoE Compatibility - No Gigabit

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Gigabit PoE issue.

Im a big Tik fan. I have two a couple of these, speeds and coverage are great. Run toasty though!

However, to get rid of injectors and PSU's and power some other PoE dvices I bought a small Gigabit PoE switch DLink DSG1100-08P and the ports wont come up Gbit, only 100M which kind of defeats having AC speeds which I was getting with the supplied injectors and connected to my RB3011.

Anybody any experience? Tried alternative short cables. The installed runs are only 20m or so CAT5e If I run the cable test on the DLInk management interface it says only two pairs working. Mikrotik interface says link partner not advertising Gbit. I get Gigabit if I put a laptop or other Gbit device on the end of the cables, so pretty sure cables are good.

Update: Upgraded DLink Firmware, made no difference. Tried a non-poe Gigabit switch with supplied injectors and still only 100M. So the only time Im getting Gbit is when connected to ports on my RB3011. So looks like a compatibility issue which is a shame since I thought we'd seen the last of this type of issue with Mikrotik.

Update:
Im sorry for not updating this post until now but this turned out to be a really weird cable/RJ45 issue which I can only think was more critical with power involved since the same cable worked ok Gigabit with non-PoE devices.

Regarding the wAP AC - absolutely brilliant piece of kit. Performance is as expected and I am using CAPsMAN which takes a bit of getting your head around but makes total sense once you have. If you've not used it before and are thinking of using it for the first time on a client I would advise setting it all up back at base and having a good play. Not as pretty as Unifi of course but does pretty much the same but with highly granular control.
Last edited by Ferrograph on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: wAP AC PoE Compatibility - No Gigabit

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Try 6.32.2, make sure to upgrade System > Routerboard Firmware afterwards and test...

coylh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm interested in the results. It's been a struggle to get gigabit dual-band POE access points from Mikrotik, and I'm hoping the WAP AC breaks through this historical barrier.

mavink

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:49 pm

We just installed a couple of wAP AC's powered by a RB260GSP last week, and those all show their Ethernet ports running at 1 Gbps. This is with the latest RouterOS (6.36.2).

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:17 am

I am running gigabit. But using a 24Volt passive.