Community discussions

MikroTik App

dzungpv
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC and FTTH AON with static ip

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Hello,
First of all, please let me thanks for guys who're reading my topic.

I'm a newbie and interest too much in investigating mikrotik routerboard. I have on concern that I would like the fans of mikrotik to consult me. My ISP provider has provide me a 30/30 Mbs FTTH AON connection with static IP. The FTTH line is using two fiber string. So is it possible to connect the FTTH line directly to the SFP port of CCR1009 usiing S-31DLC20D module? If it is not, is there any SFP module supporting my FTTH AON line with static IP? If there is not any possible to connect directly, so could I use fiber media converter to connect to one of 8 ethernet port?

If anyone knows, please help. I will receive my device in shortly, and I want to use it ASAP.

Thank you a lot!

mpreissner

Re: CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC and FTTH AON with static ip

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:40 pm

That all depends on your ISP.  If your incoming fiber is two-strand, you've got full-duplex fiber which is great, and the AON has much better potential speed than a PON (surprising the provider opted for this setup because it's much more expensive than PON).  Your ISP should be providing an ONT to terminate the FTTH connection, which will convert the fiber to either an RJ-45 or Coax.  If they don't provide an ONT, you may be able to use a compatible SFP directly into the CCR, but I don't think anyone can guarantee that it will work properly.

dzungpv
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:32 am

Hi mpreissner,

Thanks for your help! Yes, my ISP has provided two-strand fiber, and one static IP address for the connection. They do not provide any ONT, that's why I wonder the S-31DLC20D SFP module from Mikrotik stuitable for my connection or not. I've checked the wavelength is 1310nm. So how do you think? 

Thanks and regards.

mpreissner

Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Is the fiber terminated with an LC connection?  Or is it SC?  ST?  There are multiple types of terminations, and you need to make sure you get the right SFP module to work with the connector that's on your fiber.

It's very odd that the ISP wouldn't supply the ONT.  In any case, I can't say whether it would work or not.  But the SFP is only about $30 US, which isn't a lot of money to figure out if it's going to work or not.  Your ISP should be able to tell you if they would support the use of it.

dzungpv
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 pm

The connector is LC in which the S-31DLC20D module supported. The other things I concern is that my connection is only 100Mb and the DDM supported by this module. Anyway, the router has reaches my home. I will try in next week to see it works properly or not. Hope it must not get a media converter.

Thank you a lot for your support, mpreissner!