Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaapjolman
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ reboots when you touch the case

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Hey guys,

i got a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ but when you touch the case like give it a little nudge it reboots the whole unit. a guy at our office said check the inside for lose wires but i dont see any lose wires in there. this is kinda anoying my buddy in Long Beach USA send me this router as a gift from the USA and i hope its a small fix or a RMA to mikrotik from The Netherlands and that i dont have to send it to the USA first.

hope somebody has an idea,
Greetings,
Jaap

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ reboots when you touch the case

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 am

check ground electrical connection on electrical installation.

check for inverted hot, neutral, ground on the electrical installation

check for electrical instalation o devices connected by ethernet cable to the ccr

that device have dual redundant power connector check if the issue happened with both of them connected or only one of them

sushilbiddu
just joined

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Hey guys,

i got a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ but when you touch the case like give it a little nudge it reboots the whole unit. a guy at our office said check the inside for lose wires but i dont see any lose wires in there. this is kinda anoying my buddy in Long Beach USA send me this router as a gift from the USA and i hope its a small fix or a RMA to mikrotik from The Netherlands and that i dont have to send it to the USA first.

hope somebody has an idea,
Greetings,
Jaap
Definitely a ground problem. Check for earthing in your electrical system and also check whether CCR earthing terminal is connected to earth. It may lead to loss of CCR someday if problem not resolved soon.

jaapjolman
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:58 pm

i have send the router for repairs, just got it back from them and it works fine, i would like to thanks martin kengis for helping me to get a direct line with mikrotik so i would not have to ship it form netherlands eu -> los angelos usa -> mikrotik hq eu -> usa -> netherlands but instead netherlands -> mikrotik hq -> netherlands