MikroTik App

guipoletto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB750G_r2 Bricked No beep, no Backup bootloader, No netinstall

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 am

How did we get here? Well..

About three weeks ago, i updated a router at a remote site, via winbox (System>>Packages>>Download_and_install), from 6.34.2(stable) to 6.36(stable);

Obviously the procedure went wrong, and the board died. I have no idea why, i just know it cut my winbox session as expected, and never came back.

I couldn't get to this site at the time, so the bricked board was left on, untouched, for 10 days at the site, until it was swapped by a new one.

Then it sat for another week at my desk, unpowered and untouched, until today, waiting for a netinstall. Or so i tought.

The thing won't beeb, it won't boot on the backup loader (3 seconds reset), there is no LED activity except for the power led. No ethernet link either. (tried both on my laptop, and between the dead hex and another hex. no ethernet and no beep no matter what i do with the reset button).

So, what is the deal here? Unlike the older boards, this one does not have a second button to be shorted (the golden contacts under the 750 rubber feet, for instance).

There is some chance an unattended software upfail caused a hardware meltdown? is this the future with this new weird boards with 16MB of flash?

Is there any hope of finding any debug info in the "UART" pins?

Any help appreciated, Thanks!