Community discussions

MikroTik App

wenzhou
just joined
Topic Author

Point to Point circuit with Mikrotik routers

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:50 am

Hello,
I'm assigned a task to setup routers for a new Point to Point circuit provided by AT&T between two sites. I think I would need help with this task. Here is the situation.
We have two sites currently are connected by site to site VPN thru Internet. There is a Mikrotik router RB2011 UiAs-RM router on each site for the VPN. Once the Point to Point circuit is up running we'll route all the traffic thru the Point to Point and thus no longer need the VPN. The Point to Point circuit is a 100 Mbps port with 100BaseT interface terminated on RJ45. I'm not familiar with Point to Point circuit and Mikrotik routers. Here I have some questions.
1. Is that ok to still use the same Mikrotik router RB2011 for this new Point to Point circuit? Is RB2011 powerful enough?
2. Since the circuit is terminated on RJ45, can I just run a Ethernet cable from where it's terminated to a Gig bit port on the router?
3. I think there will be no IP assigned to the new circuit so I need to create a interface on each router for this circuit and then I can route the traffice thru? What other configurations do I need to do?
I may not ask the right questions due to the limitation of my knowledge, so please bear with me.

Thanks.

Jerry