Community discussions

MikroTik App

OpenFiber
Topic Author

CRS226-24S-2S+RM ?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:04 am

I was wondering if we could expect a Mikrotik (Cloud Router) Switch with 'many' SFP ports, the type number above is (as far a I know :-P) non-existing but should have:

- 24 SFP ports
- 2 SFP+ ports

Also wondering if a switch with multiple (for example 8 like to CCR1072 or even more) SFP+ ports is on the roadmap?

We use Mikrotik on several parts of our network and are missing the two products mentioned above.

paulct

Re: CRS226-24S-2S+RM ?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:40 pm

+1, currently having to use Edge-core, Quanta brands for SFP switches.

markom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm

we are using 3X CRS in our data room.
As far as I know they working good.

Until now I have only one problem. CRS with 2SFP+ ports is working but unreachable.
In moment when I try to access switch with winbox, blue stipe go to middle of loading and then nothing.
No ping, no winbox, no telnet, no ssh. Only solution to access my switch is directly with MAC address on laptop. I cant even see CRS via cdp.

Mikrotik must build new interface for switching. Something like Tp-link, HP.... or to use syntax like cisco, dcn....
Now I have 3 CRS all working well by instructions of mikrotik but I have no idea why.

Also STP and RSTP are huge minus for mikrotik.
We use CRS only because it have lowest price for device with 2XSFP+
unfortunately we are waiting for client to stop using that 10G CRS to do reboot.
Until now switch is working and we have no balls to do restart.
Maybe after restart I lose my CRS completely . Nobody know that.

mpreissner

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:48 pm

The new 6.38RC software enables STP/RSTP on the CRS...hopefully those features will make it to the final release. I've never seen issues like you seem to be having. The CRS can be tricky to configure, so I'd double check your configs again. Might be something simple you overlooked. Otherwise, nobody here can do much for you without more detailed information.