Community discussions

MikroTik App

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Repair part needed RTF-113BAH3A

Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi, I not found any site to post it... I think here is the best place to post.

I have a RB411 broken by a lightning... I checked all and only found lan connector in shortcut, the part is RTF-113BAH3A, manufacturer U.D. Electronic Corp. and description "RJ45 10/100MHz magn LEDs and direct POE output"

Where can I find it? no ebay found, no aliexpress found and manufacturer is strange that he want to sell me directly.

Anyone knows for a mikrotik repair parts distribuitor?

Thanks!!

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Repair part needed RTF-113BAH3A

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I found it hard to believe that rj45 connector can make shortcut. Did you measure it unsoldered to the board?

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:59 pm

I unsolder from board and shortcut from 1-2-3 and shortcut 5-6... it has some filter coils inside and a capacitor... the coils has shortcutted from themselves but has a plastic paste that can not repair it.

I have dissasembly the connector and checked.

neodark
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:59 am

Hi, searching information, the coils that has inside are the transformer/magnetics that are integrated on the LAN block, it´s comprehensible because in the RB411 board we can see that no LAN transformer/magnetic visible on the board.

I will order one with the same aspect and transformer/magnetic inside, I think can be compatible.

Regards!!

MrnUUb
just joined

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 am

Hi, searching information, the coils that has inside are the transformer/magnetics that are integrated on the LAN block, it´s comprehensible because in the RB411 board we can see that no LAN transformer/magnetic visible on the board.

I will order one with the same aspect and transformer/magnetic inside, I think can be compatible.
Hi!

I'm sorry to revive this old thread, but this forum lacks the possibility to send personal messages.

So here's my question: did you find a compatible connector?
If yes, please tell me the manufacturer, model and distributor.
If no, did you just buy another board?

Best regards,
Mr nUUb

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:51 am

Problem is if RJ45 has shorted, most probably there could be further damage on FB602 (resistance should be less than an ohm), or the worst part: PHYU601 (would mean SMT de/soldering and a delicate job, and sourcing a single chip, most probably not worth), or R601, R612.

A search found Ceviconn which seems to be an specialized company, see the attachment, is the part datasheet, (include Ceviconn contacts), maybe they can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:16 pm

When lightning has destroyed a part like that, it is very likely that there is other damage.
Even when the router would appear to work after replacing only that part, it could still be that overloads have damaged the electronics and cause them to fail shortly afterwards.
With equipment so cheap as the RB411, it is rarely worth it to do component-level repairs, certainly after events like this where the extent of the fault is uncertain.
(I could imagine doing electrolytic cap replacement on such a board when it fails after a couple of years and the usual signs of bad caps are present)

I would say: replace the board.

MrnUUb
just joined

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 pm

There was no lightning that destroyed the connector, it is a mechanical problem.
I lent it to a friend and he damaged one pin -.-

I found Ceviconn, too, but even if they have a branch in germany it is an asian company.
The shipment would take several weeks. I need this part now. I only have 2 weeks to repair it.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Just one pin? Do you mean one of the pins in the rj45 receptacle that makes contact with the male RJ45?

Not the best practice, but if you're in a hurry maybe you can mend that with trimmed legs from resistors or capacitors as jumper? or scavenge the pin from a dead board rj45 connector?

Another way would be asking directly Farnell, Mouser or Digikey, you have now the datasheet so you could even search yourself for compatible alternatives.

Bad dates to rely on a shipping with 2 weeks deadline...

MrnUUb
just joined

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm

We run a small club that organizes LAN parties, and one of our antennas contains this PCB.
I just talked to our chairman and we have a replacement board... phew!
Ceviconn can deliver the part, but it takes 4 weeks.
So... we will use the spare board and I will repair the original board after our next LAN party :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Best regards,
Mr nUUb