Community discussions

MikroTik App

motorola
just joined
Topic Author

Help me choose

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 am

EN

Hello, I need a wireless solution for the type of the PTP (point to point) at a distance of 50 km (100% direct visibility rain and snow are present in different seasons) and a minimum speed of 50 megabits LIVE. Do you have a similar solution?
I'd add:
Found mANT30 antenna with good, prompt her RouterBOARD fee to the whole design complete to satisfy the above-said.

RU

Здравствуйте, мне нужно беспроводное решение по типу PTP (точка-точка) на расстоянии 50 км , (100% прямая, видимость дождь и снег присутствую в разные времена года) и скорости минимум 50 РЕАЛЬНЫХ мегабит. Есть ли у Вас подобные решения?
От себя добавлю:
Нашёл антенну mANT30 с хорошими характеристиками, подскажите к ней плату RouterBOARD ,чтобы вся эта конструкция в комплекте удовлетворяла выше сказанное.

SystemErrorMessage

Re: Help me choose

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:36 pm

if you just need simple point to point connectivity and outdoor stuff both mikrotik and ubiquiti have outdoor wireless AC units that arent cheap. For cheap you would need to take one of the wireless RBs (i would suggest the one that has 1 mini PCIe) and rig up some sort of outdoor casing, antennas and the necessary protection from weather and storms to make sure that lightning doesnt kill it.

Wireless AC will allow you more bandwidth at range but you can also use 2.4Ghz such as with wireless N but there would be chance for interference on 2.4Ghz. If you can get multiple antennas/dishes you could try point to point using multiple channels rather than relying on single channel for even more bandwidth.

Use directional/dishes as they will greatly increase your range but would be tedious to set up with multi channel wifi.

florentrivoire

Re: Help me choose

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:33 am

Have you look at this topic : http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=106836 ?
It could help you with your choice.