Community discussions

MikroTik App

zcybercomputing
just joined
Topic Author

New powerbox any time soon?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Is there going to be a new powerbox any time soon? Does mikrotik care about users like me that run POE equipment almost exclusively? They have the HEXr3 with an awesome new CPU and DUDE Server support. There is also the HEX POE with 5 port POE and 1 SFP, but no upgraded dual core CPU and a lack of dude server. If a person wants to put it on a tower though, they either have to come up with their own enclosure, or go back to the stone age with a powerbox that has hardware several generations old and lacks gigabit ports. I really like mikrotik routing, but Ubiquiti seems to understand this part of the market better with their edgepoint line even if they can't seem to get their routing software finished. When can we get an update to the powerbox line that has the CPU and DUDE Server support of the HEXr3, the 5 port POE and 1 SFP of the HEX POE, and a powerbox case? How about adding POE to the RB-3011 and putting it in a pole mount enclosure? I would gladly buy many units of both of these if they were offered.

zcybercomputing
just joined
Topic Author

Re: New powerbox any time soon?

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 am

Yes! most recent MUM presentation announced what is basically a HEX POE in a powerbox. Now if they could actually ship either one this year...

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: New powerbox any time soon?

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:07 am

The new PowerBox Pro is shipping. They are out in the wild. Ours arrived this past week. Search for RB960PGS-PB

Tom