Community discussions

MikroTik App

bmaddison
just joined
Topic Author

Is my hAP lite bricked?

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Something went wrong during a firmware upgrade, and now my hAP lite is totally unresponsive. When I apply power the #2 port LED flashes, then all the port LEDs flash, and then nothing. The pwr LED and usr LED are both dark, and my attempts at netinstall have been unsuccessful. My computer is an iMac, so I've been running netinstall in a VM (bridged network with the firewall disabled). Before I go to the trouble of borrowing a native Windows computer, is there any chance of recovering the unit seeing as how the pwr and usr LEDs are dark?

Thanks.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Is my hAP lite bricked?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:00 am

The MikroTik devices have a backup firmware against this kind problem.

> http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RouterBOOT

ErfanDL

Re: RE: Is my hAP lite bricked?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:06 am

Something went wrong during a firmware upgrade, and now my hAP lite is totally unresponsive. When I apply power the #2 port LED flashes, then all the port LEDs flash, and then nothing. The pwr LED and usr LED are both dark, and my attempts at netinstall have been unsuccessful. My computer is an iMac, so I've been running netinstall in a VM (bridged network with the firewall disabled). Before I go to the trouble of borrowing a native Windows computer, is there any chance of recovering the unit seeing as how the pwr and usr LEDs are dark?

Thanks.
Trying netinstall