Community discussions

MikroTik App

teemo7275
just joined
Topic Author

R11e-HacD max input power

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 am

hello i'm using R11e-HacD on rbm33g board.
I need one piece of information
What is the rf max input power of R11e-HacD?
I looked at the data sheet or brochure and it is not mentioned.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: R11e-HacD max input power  [SOLVED]

Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:10 pm

Product page at https://mikrotik.com/product/R11e-5HacD has the information under "Wireless specifications". Max Tx power depends on modulation used and varies between 27dBm (at most robust and thus slowest modulation) and 19dBm (highest performing modulation). Power numbers are total Tx power. Since device has two Tx chains, max Tx power per Tx chain is half of specced numver (subtract 3dB).

You're verbosely asking about "maximum input power" ... if you really mean "input", then the answer is not an easy one. And I guess it's not published (if it's even measured) because in normal conditions for Rx levels to be exceeded both link peers have to practically touch with their antennae.
With input power high enough it's possible to cause permanent damage to receiver. I guess it would be quite higher than device's own Tx power (I very much doubt that most WiFi devices include any of dupkex filters, probably Rx is simply disabled during Tx periods).
With power higher than certain threshold (but lower than the "dammaging" level) the receiver gets overloaded and it creates lots of noise in own Rx path ... so it somehow works, but not really well. My experience goes that this happens at Rx signal levels higher than around -35dBm ... but this can vary a lot between different radio chips.