Hardware talk

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cnokafor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Hyper terminal logon

by cnokafor » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:34 am

Hello,
I use a mikrotik routerboard230 and was trying to setup the hotspot feature. ALong the line i got knocked off by the router and i am not able to log on again. I need to be able to logon and correct whatever error i made but i can't use winbox anymore as i am not able to log on.

I want to use hyperteminal. when i boot the router i see the booting information and that is all, i don't get as far as where to log on. The router gives the two beeps that shows it has complete it's booting process.

I use com1, 9600 bits per secons, 8 data bits, parity: none, stop bits:1, and hardware for flow control. what else am i to do to be to able to logon to the routerboard and revert what i did.

Chris

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Hyper terminal logon

by janisk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 pm

after you hear double beep, try to connect to router using 112500 baud rate, maybe that has been changed in settings.

also, maybe your console is disabled (under /system console)

you can try mac-telnet (mac-winbox)

cnokafor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

by cnokafor » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 pm

i tried using 115200 it did not work. I think it is not accepting any tcpip logon. I tried the neighborhood viewer to log on, it brings the logon page, i enter the username and password (for mac telnet) but after a while it just tells me "connection timeout". what other means do you suggest i use as i do not have consolve cable to log on. please

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

by janisk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:53 pm

if you do not have console cable, where did you set those bit rates then? :shock:

bit rates are for console connection.

cnokafor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

by cnokafor » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:48 pm

I used a console cable i got but it did not work. someone from the forum suggested i use neighborhood viewer and that was what i tried telneting into the routerboad with the mac. that as well did not work as i always got "connection timeout" .

what else do you suggest pls.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1