Community discussions

MikroTik App

alphastate
just joined
Topic Author

FCC certification

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Anybody out there know of any routerboard, amplifier, antenna combinations that are certified by the FCC as a complete system?

bellis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: FCC certification

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:59 am

most everything you can find on routerboard.com does not require any fcc licensing or certification within the us. what specifically are you looking for.

jp
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Look for the fcc symbol on the routerboards. It seems to be present on all the newer ones. I think the 532 might not have been.

Then get an FCC approved radio card. What antennas are approved are determined by the radio card's testing/approval. At least that's my understanding. Then it should be professionally installed in a manner where the combination doesn't exceed limits set for that band.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Does anyone know how much It would cost to get a license to operate on 2422 with the XR9? Probably a ubiquiti dicussion forum queston but just thought I would put it in here aswell. Im not sure what the downconverter to 900mhz what freq 2422 is on If I could find that out I could probably see how much It would cost to get a license to operate in that freq, -Jordan