Community discussions

MikroTik App

Fabbbio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Nstreme dual somethings strange and problem

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I have a 30Km link with dual-pol solid dish, I have a RB433 with 2 XR5 on side A and RB333 with 2 XR5 on site B.
I try the the single tree in ap-brdige-->wds slave and all it's ok about 20Mb and link and connectiong 48/54Mb -55/60 dB
Now I setup nstreme dual but the link it's very instable and the connection is locked at 6/6 Mb and often go down I see an abnormal traffic in tx of both side but without real traffic from site A and site B
Thanks

aaa

Re: Nstreme dual somethings strange and problem

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi there. Dual polarization dish antenna can't be use for dual n-stream system because attenuation between flow is not enough. Minimum attenuation is something like 60dB. All wireless card receivers basically have bad dynamical range value. That's mean if wireless card receive two signals with different frequency and different levels in same time it can't decode weakest signal.
Use two separate antennas for each point and make maximum attenuation between it (outdoor case, card location in RB,Rf cables, antennas location on tower).

Fabbbio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Yes I know, but I have an other link about 50Km with 2 POL dish that reach about 23/20 Mbit with nsteme dual.
I think that in a RB433 or similar the wireless card are too close.

maths
just joined

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:43 am

I have a similar problem. I have installed a dual-nstreme with a antenna for each target. When I flow a high stream (up to 15 Mbps), the devices are rebooted. I don't have ideas why dont work.

Bye.

aaa

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 am

What RB and what wireless card you use on each side?

interpoint
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am

I too also have the same problem. I am using a dual polorised antenna that has pole seperation of -32dB.

I can pass 36Mb through a 28km link but when I turn on the second radio card on the horiz polarity the speed drops to 16Mb. I get the same results when I do the experiment the otherway round (Horz on Vert Off). I am using RB433AH and XR5's. My link is -59db. Vert is 5180Ghz and Horz is 5800Ghz (loads of frequency seperation.) I am not passing any data over the second link, just registering it and then the first polorisartion is affected.

I have seen dual polorised antennas with -53dB from another supplier and maybe this is the way to go ? Or maybe I should use less powerfull cards such as R5H's

I also can get better results when I turn down the XR5's to a power level of 18db using card rates in the TX Power. I do not like doing this as I always get worse results when default power is not used even when I fix the Data speed to 32Mb/32Mb or less.

I am using Nstream but not dual Nstream as this makes the situation much worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Repa
just joined

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem with dual polarity dishes and R5H cards. I tried it with two pair of dishes, one for horizontal and one for vertical. And now everything is fine. I can transfer 45Mbps.
With the old Mikrotik, D-Link, Ubiquity cards I can use duplex dishes, but with the newer cards (ie. R5H) I have to use two dishes.
I think, you need two pair of dishes if you use new cards.