Community discussions

MikroTik App

Eliminateur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

New RB models?

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:21 pm

What are the new RB models and specs?, unfortunately i won't be able to fly half the world and learn a new language to see them :lol:.
Also, wheren't they already introduced in MUM brazil?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: New RB models?

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:22 pm

You seem to speak English just fine, I don't think you will have to learn it :)

MUM Europe will be in English.

"Announcement" means that they are unknown for you right now, and you will ONLY know about them in the MUM :)

Eliminateur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:30 pm

evil normis :?

there's the issue of the thousand dollars of air tickets only to get a sneak peak :lol:

i'll have to wait for the newsletter then :( (and hold on new purchases until then, i'd hate to buy units now and want to shot my foot later because a much better device came out for the task)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:39 am

never a good idea this. what if it turns out something you don't need? or maybe nothing at all?

rakeshmikrotikindia
just joined

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:42 am

can you please help me in brand making?

Ex: like the name of the radio is to be hidden and in top of the winbox, in place of mikrotik something else to be written.
Can we somthing regarding this issue.
Second in new terminal, if I want to replace mikrotik.com and want to write abc.com in place of that. Can I write? if yes, then how?
Last edited by rakeshmikrotikindia on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 am

what ?

gustkiller

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm

it would be awesome something like rb 2000 or 10000 with some asics do hardware routing and other hardware based features like allot cisco and others, coz its incredible the allot netenforcer (slackware) can do 1gbit of traffic shaping ( layer7 ) with a 300mhz cpu.

QpoX

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 pm

it would be awesome something like rb 2000 or 10000 with some asics do hardware routing and other hardware based features like allot cisco and others, coz its incredible the allot netenforcer (slackware) can do 1gbit of traffic shaping ( layer7 ) with a 300mhz cpu.
A RouterBoard that eats Cisco hardware for breakfast... That's all we ask :)

gustkiller

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 pm

A RouterBoard that eats Cisco hardware for breakfast... That's all we ask :)
that was what i'm trying to say :)

Eliminateur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:07 am

haha
for me all i'm asking is a full gigabit "RB450" with hardware configurable switch(multi-domains, configurable via BIOS or software -hot config is too much to ask-) and multiple virtual interfaces for each domain(i.e. ports 2-4 in domain "1" gaina virtual "eth1" in routeros, then port 1 is virtual eth0 in domain "2", with port 5 in the same domain).

What i'm asking is pretty much similar to a L2 switch with VLAN and router inside(nly it would be a switch with routeros inside) that can do ASIC switching and wirespeed routing between VLANs.

no need for it to have a GHz cpu, it could do with the same 300MHz atheros but with a L2 switch ASIC front end.

maybe i'm asking too much, a PCIex G44v card would be cool too

wireless12

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 am

Ex: like the name of the radio is to be hidden and in top of the winbox, in place of mikrotik something else to be written.
Second in new terminal, if I want to replace mikrotik.com and want to write abc.com in place of that. Can I write? if yes, then how?
kya baat hai raksh bahi...aapna brand banoge kya...tum delhi wale bahut smart log hote hoo..

jahirg
just joined

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:17 am

jajjja

You think put "MICROTIC"... and sell a half price... jajja... Nobody work very hard for that other make money.. with your Work.

rakeshmikrotikindia
just joined

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

kya baat hai raksh bahi...aapna brand banoge kya...tum delhi wale bahut smart log hote hoo..
Are you also from Delhi? If yes, please tell me about you.

mankomal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:05 am

it would be great if we could have E1 radios like RADwin too... also 1 serial interface atleast wont hurt that much .

NEED MORE POWER (in CPU) :lol:

regards

ngds
just joined

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:20 am

I'll be happy if we ever see a model with SFP ports.