Community discussions

MikroTik App

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Centralized user manager authentication

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello, I would like help here guys!. I haven't started this project but this is what I would like to have:

A centralized user manager - This router os would be installed on a dedicated machine (IBM server)
A series of wireles point to point links - I use only Mikrotik for wireless links and routers in my company
Different types of distribution for end clients - DSL, point to multipoint with mikrotik and point to multipoint with ubiquiti (bridged)

As I am aiming for a centralized user management, I wold like to force all my clients to authenticate on my central servers.
Attached is a diagram with part of what I have.

How could I begin this project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Centralized user manager authentication

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Any thoughts guys?

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Centralized user manager authentication

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:48 am

Assuming the diagram is accurate for the central ap will only be connecting to your equipment. I would route the first hop with a static route.

On the bottom link, I would skip the NS5 as an ap, and just use one of the interfaces in backhaul as the ap. (MT only). Also If you are running more than one customer on the client I would go ahead and use MT only clients and skip the bridging and route those too.

Now that your bridging is gone (Bridging sucks), and you have MT clients, go ahead and add set your clients int he bottom part of the diagram with a second and third wireless interface and point them at each other for backup connection, use ospf routing (found in the wiki).

I know this because I started with a bunch of bridge router devices, and slowly evolved to a real network. Have fun!