Community discussions

MikroTik App

momi
Topic Author

netinstall-help

Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

i am trying to instal routeros-mipsle-3.23.npk on routerboard 532A with netinstall and this is the error an this what the HyperTerminal says:
Found server at 00:11:11:E4:E2:DC

Formatting disk....

installing routeros-mipsle-3.23 [ ]
FATAL ERROR: bad network connection
ERROR: installation of routeros-mipsle-3.23 failed: broken package
WARNING: package system-3.23 onuninstall script failed
Press ENTER to reboot
1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

momi
Topic Author

Re: netinstall-help

Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Problem solved.

Thanks nobody for help... :lol: :lol: :) :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 am

how did you solve it>?

momi
Topic Author

Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am

Well one of my older colleague has the same problem and he says me just to change the computer (this one is dual boot, win-linux) it is something about windows security...didn't have time to ask him why

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 08, 2009 10:08 am

Yes, you should have tried disabling antivirus and firewall, also disabling other interfaces (leave only one that netinstall needs).

iranet
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:24 am

Hi,

I have same problem with netinstall (FATAL ERROR bad network connection...)
I have no sollution yet, but I find where problem is ... it is on TCP/IP settings...
I have no problems with netinstall BEFORE I run TUNEUP 2009 - I put it to optimize my TCP/IP connection and - everthing works but NO netinstall!
I have 5 PC at home so I f***k up my laptop and another computer with that TUNEUP 2009. At that two computers netinstall not work!
Other 3 computers I not optimize with that s**t software and netinstall work fine.

So anyone there who is master on windows TCP/IP settings? Help?
Problem is that I do not know have idea what TUNEUP 2009 is "optimize" on my TCP/IP settings... so I do not know what I should try to chage...

Bets regards...

iranet
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 am

Hi again,

Problem solved!

As I think... problem is on TCP/IP... MTU and TcpWindowSize...

I solve problem on both of my f****d computers.

How to do it manually!

1. Open registry with regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
3. You will find several interfaces (depend on how much network adatpers you have - that include a HDSPA / PCMCAI CARD etc), so you need to find your WIRED NETWORK ADAPTER - you shuld upgrade via wired NOT VIA WIRELESS adapter!
4. To find your right network interface - can be tricky job, so I suggest to put some IP ADDRESS manually on your wired network adapter first - .e.g 100.100.100.100 - so you can recognize it!
5. Whe you SURE that you find your network interface - RENAME reg key MTU and TCPWindowSize to e.g. 11MTU and 11TCPWindowSize!
6. Close registry and ALL programs (computer can hang at next step)
7. Open CMD and be prepared to type "shutdown -r -f -t 1" if your computer hangup!
8. Disable / Enable your wired interface ("Local Area Connection") in "Network connections" - If your computer hangup now restart it via CMD "shutdown..."
9. When you enabled your wired network adapeter connect MT with serial and network and try to use NetInstall as usual - should woking ok!

LOOK AT PICTURE! I DO IT AND NetInstall work fine again! F***k TUNEUP 2009!

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.