Community discussions

MikroTik App

eneimi
Topic Author

Meind laptop universal adaptor for powering RBs

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm

I've been having a problem with - i suspect - substandard 18v adaptors for some of my RBs. They stop working rather frequently.

Does anyone have experience using the Meind universal laptop adaptor for powering RBs. It has a voltage selector for 12v - 26v and supplies up to 5.5A. I've tested it on an RB133 with 1 wlan for less than an hour - it didn't work with 18v but worked fine with 12-16v.

Could there be any long term complications?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Meind laptop universal adaptor for powering RBs

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 pm

There should not be any problems to use other manufacturer power supply.
RouterBOARD 133 should accept 16-28V without any problems.

aaa

Re: Meind laptop universal adaptor for powering RBs

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Product name: MEIND.

Product description: Laptop AC/DC adaptor. The set was also marked with Swiss, Demko, Cebec, Fimko, VDE, Semko, Nemko, Ove and Kema Keur approval marks.

Country of origin: China

Risk type: Electric shock, burns and injuries

Risk description: The product poses a risk of electric shock because:
- the internal insulation is not sufficient between live parts and the metal enclosure or between the input and output circuits. The appliance connector contacts are too close to the engagement surface,
- the cross-sectional area of the wires of the supply cord is too small for the rating of the connector; the supply cord is marked as having 0.75 mm2, but the actual size is only 0.5 mm2,
- the plug is not fitted with a fuse. The only means of protection against overload or short circuit would be the device at the source of the mains supply.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard EN 60950.

Instructions: Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers by the importer.

http://mjstesting.wordpress.com/2009/06 ... tor-meind/

Use default 24V PSU and enjoy RB stable work!