MikroTik App

jasejames
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Getting H323 functionality on a new Routerboard

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Can this be done?

I require BASIC H323 functionality (I believe the old Telephony service on RB software V2.9 should be enough). As I see it I have a few options:

1) Get a RB with V2.9 support -- is this available for any current RB other than the 230? It would be useful to get it on one of the 400/700 series devices if possible.

2) Get V2.9 running on Metarouter.

3) Get GNUGK (which is running on the present solution) running on OpenWRT, and compile a custom Metarouter image. But there is no package available for GNUGK on OpenWRT and it seems to be missing some libraries necessary to compile from source.

Additionally the Mikrotik patch for OpenWRT seems to have a problem, namely that it won't patch the latest version on my system. Not sure why that is currently...

4) Find an inexpensive appliance (i.e. not just a Linux PC!) with H323 functionality. A Cisco would of course do it but I need a NEW box that doesn't cost $2000 with the right firmware licence!!

5) The other solution would be to get the old Telephony package running on the new software. Is there any way that Mikrotik could supply that?

Thanks for any assistance or ideas in any of the above areas!