Community discussions

MikroTik App

gmeden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

433 lvl4 w/xr5/sr2/sr5 won't reboot

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 am

Got a unit in the field , 433 with XR5/SR2/SR5. Good signal strength (-67/-70 dB) but keeps randomly disassociating and occasionally will shut down ( even with watchdog) and will not reboot to life. This running 3.27 and 3.23. When running get wildly ranging pings. Normal would be 5-10 ms to gateway but frequently jumps wildly up to several hundred ms. If I go out to the site and do a power cycle reboot it generally recovers but eventually drops the connection again. Anyone else seeing anything like this? Network topology is star formation with RB600 at the core and RB433's/RB600's on the branches(6). Scans show no appreciable interference in the area.

UPDATE:
My main backhaul hub is an RB600(& daughterboard) w/6 SR5's all running 5Ghz/10Mb (all at different nonoverlapping freq's). Is there some issue with the RB600 that would cause links that had been stable for over a year to spontaneously start dropping and reassociating at random that I've missed in the forum? This is becoming an extreme annoyance for my customers and myself.