MikroTik App

smurphy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

No reboot on RB493AH with RouterOS 3.2x

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi there folks,

anyone experiencing reboot issues with RB493AH with RouterOS 3.2x ?
Actually - I only noticed it when the watchdog was rebooting the box due to non availability of a remote system.
It just reboots - then is stuck on the boot-menu.

Even if I tell it to reboot manually - connected through Serial Console to a linux box - however nothing is running on the serial terminal except when I connect to it using minicom - I see the messag where I have 2 Seconds to go to the boot menu - and then it jumpts into the boot menu anyway and waits.

Anyone has a hint on what to do ? It's kind of stupid if I'm away and have to ask "non-admin" people to go through the process to connect with minicom etc. and that box over the phone).

Booting is configured to go from NAND then from Ethernet. However - nothing to do.
smurphy@gw-sollan-RB493AH] /system routerboard> print                          
       routerboard: yes                                                         
             model: "493AH"                                                     
     serial-number: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"                                              
  current-firmware: "2.20"                                                      
  upgrade-firmware: "2.20"  
[smurphy@gw-sollan-RB493AH] /system> watchdog print                             
     watch-address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    watchdog-timer: yes                                                         
     no-ping-delay: 5m                                                          
  automatic-supout: yes                                                         
  auto-send-supout: no 
and
[smurphy@gw-sollan-RB493AH] /system routerboard settings> print                 
            baud-rate: 115200                                                   
           boot-delay: 2s                                                       
          boot-device: nand-if-fail-then-ethernet                               
       enter-setup-on: any-key                                                  
        cpu-frequency: 680MHz                                                   
        boot-protocol: bootp                                                    
  enable-jumper-reset: yes                                                      
  force-backup-booter: no

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: No reboot on RB493AH with RouterOS 3.2x

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Try to set in bios boot key <Delete> instead of any key.

smurphy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 am

Looks like that helped. However I still wonder why the any-key option prevents it from booting.
I'll monitor it for a while. Thx for the hint.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:47 am

If something is connected to serial port it may send some symbols which triggers bios menu.