MikroTik App

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

RB/CRD, Crossroads power issue

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi,

I purchased 2 Crossroads brand new out of the box.

After reading the manual, I opened up JP2 to allow for higher voltages to power the device. I used a 48V POE Injector. On both boards. Using POE the device does not power on at all, yet, putting the 48V Power directly into the power socket, the router works flawlessly.

After reading the documentation, I'm stumped as to why POE does not work, and I'm just as stumped at the confusing documentation provided as to whether POE actually works or not on the Crossroad boards...

Help?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB/CRD, Crossroads power issue

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 pm

You are right, the documentation is confusing. I just read it, and I don't understand what it's trying to say :)

So, I found out that it's like this:

- crossroads does support PoE over Datalines (active standard PoE) but because of some issue it doesn't work with ALL devices, only with some
- To make it work with all devices, you can unsolder (remove) some parts from the device

if you are willing to do this, I will provide with instructions.

I changed specifications so that they say "no" to PoE Datalines support, because of this required modification.

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks Normis,

At least I'm not the only one that doesn't get it :lol:

I'm going to try a different injector tonight, and if that doesn't work well then I don't really have any option but to remove said components. I'll shout if I don't come right and we can look at removing 'some parts' Which begs the question, why not just remove them from the start, and cut the costs of the board some more? :?

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 am

Normis,

Tried two POE injectors now, neither works... Can you maybe just share the details with me so I can give it a try to see whether I can get it working please? It's a real pain that POE isn't working (like it should).

Thanks!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:58 am

remove C139 and C140 and also one of these C149 or C150 (one of them must definitely stay). as usual, very very careful soldering is required!