Community discussions

MikroTik App

zdarsadze
just joined
Topic Author

RouterBoard 600 ethernet order changed, Help!!!

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm

I formated nand and upgrade rb600a with firmware 2.20 and also RouterOS 4.2 with Netinstall 4.2, after that ethernet port order changed. In RouterOS ether1 appears like ether2, ether2 like ether3 and ether3 like ether1. Why this hapaned?
Any ides how to correct it?
Is it software problem? Firmware problem or NetInstall problem?

Antz
just joined

Re: RouterBoard 600 ethernet order changed, Help!!!

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:18 pm

I've got the same problem with a RB600A. After upgrading the Firmware to 2.20 the Ethernet interface names are mixed up. In addition, even after assigning IP addresses to Ether2 and Ether3 (the ports immediately adjacent to the serial port connector), I cannot ping or login to the board using the assigned IP addresses. Winbox picks up the MAC and IP addresses assigned but I cannot connect using the IP address. Logging in using the MAC address works fine. Connecting to Ether1(the port in the corner edge of the board) is fine using both MAC and IP addresses.

Anyone else having similar problems?
-Antz

<edit>
Now also noticed that if I issue a 'system shutdown' command to the board it reboots instead of shutting down.
</edit>

snoozer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

hi,

i have the same problem with all RB600 on firmware 2.20 and ROS 3.30 after i issue "system reset-configuration". ether1 is ether2, ether3 is ether1 and ether2 is ether3 after.

regards
Jan

Antz
just joined

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Just an update...
After submitting an email to MikroTik support I received the following response:
We are aware of this bug and it will be fixed in next release of RouterOS.
Sorry for the inconvenience it might caused. For now you can manually rename interfaces so that they match MAC addresses in ascending order.

Regards,
Janis Kirshteins

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:20 am

Clarification:

There are two problems with port order and RB600.

1. Ethernet names were assigned to incorrect MAC addresses, making some config not work. This has already been fixed in v4.3
2. Ethernet names appear in random order, but have correctly assigned MAC addresses. Configuration works. This will not be fixed, as it doesn't cause any significant problems.