Community discussions

MikroTik App

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

RB750G Gigabit!!!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:43 am

I just saw this new plastic-molded RB750G with 5 Port Gigabit and 680MHz CPU! There is not a single mention of it anywhere in the mikrotik website or forum. Has anyone actually used one of these yet?!?

laurinkus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB750G Gigabit!!!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Specification is available at:
http://www.roc-noc.com/pdf/RB750/rb750g.pdf

Hope that RB750AR is in their release pipeline

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:22 pm

They just arrived yesterday and we ordered them the day they were announced to distributors. So don't expect any real world experience other than "yes, I touched one, I plugged it in and it works". :)

Tom

meno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 pm

They just arrived yesterday and we ordered them the day they were announced to distributors. So don't expect any real world experience other than "yes, I touched one, I plugged it in and it works". :)

Tom
Can you take photos of the hw inside.. thanks.. what kind of switch chip does it use?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Why must we find out about new products on reseller websites before they appear on Routerboard.com?

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:18 am

Why must we find out about new products on reseller websites before they appear on Routerboard.com?
What is so wrong with that? Surely it is better than what UBNT does.... announce products months before they become available and then keep the supply so short that people are calling every dealer looking for inventory and creating false demand.

IMHO Ideally MT should announce them to the distributors as they become available for shipping and to the public a week or two later so they can actually order from their favorite supplier. That is how MT has worked on the past few product releases. Some of us ordered the day that they were announced so we would have stock available when the public finds out about them.

That means a new MT newsletter should be coming out next week. Normis?

Tom

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am

Tom
Can you take photos of the hw inside.. thanks.. what kind of switch chip does it use?
I looked briefly yesterday. Both of the VLSICs have Atheros part numbers on them and stick-on heat sinks. Then there is a single RAM IC and a single Flash IC. I suspect this is a continuation of the cost reduced RB750 design. It looks like the switch chip functionality is integrated into one of the Atheros chips instead of using a separate IC Plus switch chip like the RB450 and RB450G use.

I'll snap pictures and post them later today.

Tom

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Tom
I started a new topic with the photos.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36493

Tom

gcakici
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am

It's awesome but they don't increase the memory size while increasing cpu and port speeds. Should be at least 64Meg to do descent stuff on it.

Gokalp

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

It's awesome but they don't increase the memory size while increasing cpu and port speeds. Should be at least 64Meg to do descent stuff on it.

Gokalp
But then they already have one with 128MB RAM and 512MB flash and a Level 5 license. It is called the RB450G. The RB700 series are the cheap plastic or entry level versions.

Tom

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Tom is right, plus - even with the RAM that is has, the throughput is astonishing. Tom has the brochure at hand (i'm at home), maybe you can post the values :)

gcakici
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:21 pm

We're already using 450G and very happy with that. We can not user metarouter in 32Meg and that's the problem for 750G (We tried on Routerboard 450). Also price wise 750G is cheaper with it's cute case and he has a happy power adapter :) in it's box.

QpoX

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 am

We're already using 450G and very happy with that. We can not user metarouter in 32Meg and that's the problem for 750G (We tried on Routerboard 450). Also price wise 750G is cheaper with it's cute case and he has a happy power adapter :) in it's box.
It would be nice, if it had aleast 64MB of ram... geving the customer it's own RouterOS or OpenWRT to mess up.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:08 am

Tom is right, plus - even with the RAM that is has, the throughput is astonishing. Tom has the brochure at hand (i'm at home), maybe you can post the values :)
"Up to 580Mbps throughout with larger packets, and up to 91500pps with small packets!"

We sure could use a new benchmark like http://www.routerboard.com/pdf/tests_april_2009.pdf when you are back from vacation. :)

I would like to see how the RB750 and RB750G stack up. Please test the RB750 at both 300MHz and 400MHz since both versions are out there.

Tom

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 pm

[...]

IMHO Ideally MT should announce them to the distributors as they become available for shipping and to the public a week or two later so they can actually order from their favorite supplier. That is how MT has worked on the past few product releases. Some of us ordered the day that they were announced so we would have stock available when the public finds out about them.

Tom
On that topic, any idea when you'll have 411UAHR in stock?

http://www.roc-noc.com/product.php?prod ... t=0&page=1

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 pm

[...]

Tom
On that topic, any idea when you'll have 411UAHR in stock?

http://www.roc-noc.com/product.php?prod ... t=0&page=1
I don't know anything more than what was released at USA MUM in the Mikrotik brochure. That is where the info on our web site came from. They usually announce new products to distributors when we can place an order and that hasn't happened yet.

Tom