Community discussions

MikroTik App

simonfishley
just joined
Topic Author

Did not upgrade licence within 72 hours

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi All

We have a problem where a 4.2 file was uploaded to a 433 board but NOT REBOOTED. A power failure subsequently occurred and the RB upgraded from V3 to V4 but no-one was around to click the license upgrade box. Obviously after 72 hours it has stopped working.

Is there ANY way to get into the device and upgrade the license? I have connected via the serial port but there does not appear to be an option there related to the license.
Do I have to reinstall the device with NetInstall?
Will my old license still be valid or are we going to have to buy a new one?

Thanks
Simon :?

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Did not upgrade licence within 72 hours

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:54 pm

RouterOS installation happens at the time when router is shutting down, so power failure could not cause upgrade because shutdown never happened.

You will have to reinstall with netinstall and contact support to get new key.

simonfishley
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Furthur questioning shows that the guy *might* have shut it down and gone home.

Ok thanks I will try and reinstall with NetInstall then contact support.

Cheers
Simon

simonfishley
just joined
Topic Author

RESOLVED: Re: Did not upgrade licence within 72 hours

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I have successfully reinstalled to V3.30 using NetInstall. My V3 licence was still there and functional. I have now upgraded to 4.2 and upgraded the license as well. All good.

chapex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:54 am

nice :)

Wraiths
just joined

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:27 am

Hello,

This exact same thing happened to me except I upgraded to v4 about 2 months ago and had updated the key. Then two days ago I log in through winbox and it says i have 24 hours to upgrade my key. I tried to update it in the pop up window but it kept failing. I also wasn't able to contact support fast enough to get a new key so that it didn't lock down. So the problem I am having now is that I cannot connect through the serial port to get netinstall to work. Nothing seems to come up on the hyperterminal screen when I reboot the routerboard and I have tried it with, and without, hardware flow control. I cannot seem to see the router with winbox by trying to see the mac address, or by putting in the old IP address. I would really appreciate any help at all with this, as this router is in a very important location. Thank you very much in advance for anything you can do for me.

James