Community discussions

MikroTik App

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

RB411u and XR2/5=NO indoor case

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 am

Why did you guys raise the miniPCI slot and not make the case a little taller?
I had no problem with the RB411A but now I'm stuck with this RB411U and now I need to ether buy the 411 and upgrade the license or find a new case. And I bet the R52Hn is going to be to high to fit.
Just seems to be poor planing.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RB411u and XR2/5=NO indoor case

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 pm

You are not alone in your concern.

The tall miniPCI slot connector was quietly slipped into production on all RB411 and RB411AH more than 2 months ago as well. This has caused major problems for some of our customers. Their complaints have been shared with MT sales.

We are now waiting for the new MT production to change back to the low profile connector on RB411 and RB411AH. I am told that will happen next month on the RB411. I haven't checked on the RB411AH schedule as we are lucky to still have some older low profile stock left.

This means that you cannot fit MMCX radio cards in any new RB411xx card right now with the indoor case top on.

Other case limitations: You cannot fit an MMCX radio card in the top slot of an RB433xx RouterBoard with the MT indoor case. If you try to use Ubiquiti radio cards which have big heat sinks, you can only use a single XR or SR radio card in the RB433xx with indoor case. You can fit two of the Mikrotik MMCX radio cards inside. I believe the same holds true for the RB493xx RouterBoards.

Tom

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 pm

My crap work around is to drill and tap new holes up a little. When I get some free time I'm going to use the metal brake to bend the end flap up to hide the gaps on the Ethernet end.
They should make the 411's cases taller. I such because that means retooling the for a single case where they now have one top that fits all the 411's

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:21 am

You could always take a ball peen hammer and create bubble above the connector. It might be kind of cool like the hood of a muscle car with extra clearance for a larger carburetor. (This one really dates me.)

Tom