Community discussions

MikroTik App

diogomaia
Topic Author

what is the best PC hardware to mount a server mikrotik?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:08 am

friends, I need a help here, I built a pc mikrotik with version 4.6 on a celeron. went crashing for some unknown reason, I swapped for a xeon, it works right, lately I've had more problems with dns, because it stops working, I sent an email and support staff told me that the problem was related to the intel ethernet drivers my question and the following, which hardware advise me to ride this machine? I have 500 clients pppoe running on it, and I can not be stopping it all the time, I need something that works well with mikrotik, without crashes.

aaa

Re: what is the best PC hardware to mount a server mikrotik?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 am

I use Intel Pro 1000GT on Celeron system - work perfect with most 2.9 version RouterOS
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/a ... erview.htm

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 am

celeron works fine. maybe crashing was caused by something else? bad memory, particular configuration of RouterOS (old version)?

diogomaia
Topic Author

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:10 pm

good, with the celeron was running cool, so that's nothing he fought really could be something related to memory. i had to reboot to get back to normal. but with him, I saw that I needed more memory, as it was a service which I could not stop, I put xeon even liked a lot, because the cpu usage is only 5%. I'm having more problems because of the dns to work from scratch, according to staff mkt, problem and intel ethernet drivers which I am using. gave me two options. wait for version 5.0 or switch drivers. anymore, that's my problem. my xeon ethernets are using the onboard, the motherboard and the pci slot it I still could not get the network cards. they are different from what I have here, and not even thought to buy. so I have to migrate the xeon for a while, so that I was asking about a good hardware. appreciate the help =) sorry for my english by google translator.

diogomaia
Topic Author

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 pm

I found something that should help me, I'll post if someone also needs

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported_Hardware