Community discussions

MikroTik App

highdraw
just joined
Topic Author

RB600 with faulty flash on PCB

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:09 pm

I’m trying install RouterOS last days to an CF card with Netinstall for RB600A. The situation is the following: the factory-built-in flash have some bad blocks, and at last the board go to unserviceable condition… It seems, the flash chip have contact failure with PCB, while the chip pressing to the board, the board can starting, don’t write me in terminal window „kernel not found” failure message, and in this case seems only 3 bad blocks in Winbox „Resorces” menu (after succesfully reinstall). Otherwise 586 bad blocks, when i not pressing the chip to the PCB. I’m thinking, with help of Netinstall and CF card (with valid RouterOS license) can i repair my board, but with Netinstall can i this not doing, while only the .npk files for x86 architekture utilizable, the package for powerpc architekture not… The other problem is, the integrity of flash chip changed by the some bad blocks, therefore the OS see after start other software ID, like before the problem, and i can’t use the old sofware key…

The question: How can i installing the routeros-powerpc-4.11.npk package with netinstall-4.11 to an 128MB CF card? On the CF card have i a valid x86 installation. I’m trying install also with help of Routerboard, but Netinstall want install only to the onboard flash memory (contact failure or bad flash memory – ”can’t format flash” failure message), in routerboot can’t i setting, that Netinstall must formatting the CF card during installation.