BalaMondO
just joined
Topic Author

Date and time problem in RB450G

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello,
Hi every body.
Dear friends,
I'm beginner in Mikrotik Server, and I just bought a RB450G b4 around 2 month, and i face some problem in date and time, the default Date which is come in the RB450G is "Jan/03/1970" and I adjust it to the correct date and again back to the default "Jan/03/1970", I do it around 3-4 times. and i don't know how to FIX it? IS THERE ANY SOLUTION'S FOR IT?

And one more thing, i need to make account to users to be Expire after 2 weeks or 2 days, like that.
Is there some way for it?

Thank You So Much For Help and support.

jtroybailey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Date and time problem in RB450G

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:34 pm

As for the time/date issue you should set-up NTP as Routerboards do not have an internal clock to keep time between reboots. See the following link to help set-up NTP:

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:System/Time

As for the account question somebody else may be able to help as I am unsure.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Generally speaking you'll need to write a script that finds the account and disables it, and schedule that script to run when you need to. There are lots of topics for this in the forums that you can search for. If you need specific help you will have to give a heck of a lot more details, starting with what kind of account you are talking about.

BalaMondO
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Generally speaking you'll need to write a script that finds the account and disables it, and schedule that script to run when you need to. There are lots of topics for this in the forums that you can search for. If you need specific help you will have to give a heck of a lot more details, starting with what kind of account you are talking about.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your nice reply, but I speak here about hot spot, and PPPOE, I have some client which they using my service for 3 days, ONE or TWO weeks, so i want to disconnect the service after the time expire, so if you know some scripts which can do it, plz guide me.
Thank You.
Regards.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Are you using RADIUS for authentication, or accounts local to the router?

What do you mean by "when the account expires"? Is that some arbitrary time limit ("in two weeks from now regardless of how much the account has been used"), a usage time limit ("after 48 hours of being logged in"), or a usage transfer limit ("after 2GB have been transferred")?

RADIUS is more complicated, but also significantly more flexible.

BalaMondO
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:01 am

Are you using RADIUS for authentication, or accounts local to the router?

What do you mean by "when the account expires"? Is that some arbitrary time limit ("in two weeks from now regardless of how much the account has been used"), a usage time limit ("after 48 hours of being logged in"), or a usage transfer limit ("after 2GB have been transferred")?

RADIUS is more complicated, but also significantly more flexible.
Hi,
Dear fewi.
Thank you for your help and support.
as i said I'm a beginner in Mikrotik, even the server one of my friend doing it for me, i don't know how to do it,
i have a normal Hotspot. as showing in the image.

YES.

time limit ("in two weeks from now regardless of how much the account has been used"), a usage time limit ("after 48 hours of being logged in")
I HOPE YOU GET MY POINT.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:31 pm

After 48 hours of uptime:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP ... Properties
limit-bytes-in (integer; Default: 0) Maximal amount of bytes that can be received from the user. User is disconnected from HotSpot after the limit is reached.
limit-bytes-out (integer; Default: 0) Maximal amount of bytes that can be transmitted from the user. User is disconnected from HotSpot after the limit is reached.
limit-bytes-total (integer; Default: 0) (limit-bytes-in+limit-bytes-out). User is disconnected from HotSpot after the limit is reached.
limit-uptime (time; Default: 0) Uptime limit for the HotSpot client, user is disconnected from HotSpot as soon as uptime is reached.
Set the limit-uptime property (or data transfer properties if you need them) on the Hotspot user.

To disable a specific user at a specific time, you need to manually schedule it:
/system script add name=disableUserTEST source="/ip hotspot active remove [/ip hotspot active find user=\"TEST\"]; /ip hotspot user disable [/ip hotspot user find name=\"TEST\"];"
/system scheduler add on-event=disableUserTest start-date=feb/20/2011 start-time=00:00:00