Community discussions

MikroTik App

jemsenator
just joined
Topic Author

DLINK LAN PCI Cards on x86

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Please,I have been using my x86 pc, installed ROS 4.11, now I formatted the hdd, and re-installed same ROS,all the LAN cards showing running (R) on terminal console but when connected to a PC to use winbox, it shows cable disconnected, I have installed ame NIC's on other pcs and they are all working,only the onboard NIC works both on the termnal console and when connected to a pc, please whats the way forward,Thanks

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DLINK LAN PCI Cards on x86

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:13 pm

By default x86 shows Ethernet interfaces as running, always. Run the below to have it actually check if the interface is up:
/int eth {set [find] disable-running-check=no}
See http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:In ... Properties

Check in "/system resources" if the NICs are recognized properly - though if they show in the list, they are.
Verify cable runs etc to troubleshoot why they are not coming up when you connect them, verify speed/duplex settings on both sides also.

jemsenator
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I have done the checks and followed the command,cable is ok,thats what am using right now to send this mail, hence I connected same cable to the on0board LAN (broadcom) and its accessing and connecting perfectly.
The PCI LAN are VIA technology INC VT 6105 (rhine -111 Rev 139 & 134) from the winbox, I see that the three NIC cards reported not to be connecting have L2 MTU as 1600 while the working broadcom doesnt have L2MTU as 1600 (has nill)

Please help

larryuy
just joined

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:23 pm

To start, the network cable is straight or crossover? The cards accept Auto-MDIX?