MikroTik App

janisbvp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB411-433 RJ45 port replacement source

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Howdy, cowboys!

After all the storms and dead lans on RB4xx series boards, I just had to start thinking.
We got much smarter and got surge arresters, but the damage was done already.
As far as I know, this type of fault is "not repairable" for our local MT suppliers.
So, together with my MT dealer, we started looking for a tool to replace it without hassle and the part itself. I will tell you about the process and the tool later, after I get my hand on some lan modules to get soldered.
This socket on our boards is 47F-1205BGYDNW2NL, which is rather hard to get in Europe.
Maybe someone knows a way to get them direct from TW?
Someone using a replacement?

In addition - today I received first RB711 beauties and they seem to have the same part, but without marking - so, someone at HannStar got a less expensive or better quality alternative. ;) If only they told me.

aaa

Re: RB411-433 RJ45 port replacement source

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi! You not need replace 47F-1205BGYDNW2NL it's never burn after lightening. If it's not secret what's your MT dealer? Else do you make ground for your outdoor instalation?

janisbvp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:17 am

So, if it is not lan transformer - I am screwed? The Lan on these boards is in onboard atheros chip...
All of these rb's were put up in a hurry to extend our wired network temporary. Sadly, people, that installed these antennas did not have any surge suppressors nor they had will to install them.
About my dealer - it is not a matter of him, it is a policy of MT (and I agree with them) that RB's with obvious lightning damage (even if not physically visible) are not being replaced + we get charged for inspection. If only MT had off-warranty service for good prices... :(
Right now we have surge protection, but would be a shame to throw out a boxfull of these boards.

aaa

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 am

No, for RB433 it's IP175C from IC+. For 411 it's KSZ8041 or AR8012. All this RB is simpple for repairing.
I ask about dealer not regading warranty policy. If you are from Latvia, most Latvian MT dealer have accomplished engineering staff and necessary equpiment and offer after warranty repairing for all kind of RB.

So, if it is not lan transformer - I am screwed? The Lan on these boards is in onboard atheros chip...
All of these rb's were put up in a hurry to extend our wired network temporary. Sadly, people, that installed these antennas did not have any surge suppressors nor they had will to install them.
About my dealer - it is not a matter of him, it is a policy of MT (and I agree with them) that RB's with obvious lightning damage (even if not physically visible) are not being replaced + we get charged for inspection. If only MT had off-warranty service for good prices... :(
Right now we have surge protection, but would be a shame to throw out a boxfull of these boards.

janisbvp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:57 pm

would you whisper me then, where to go with these repairs, as the ones that I deal with, have no clue?

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

would you whisper me then, where to go with these repairs, as the ones that I deal with, have no clue?

ya..
i looking for this kind of services as well.

vgate
just joined

Mon May 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi! You not need replace 47F-1205BGYDNW2NL it's never burn after lightening. If it's not secret what's your MT dealer? Else do you make ground for your outdoor instalation?
Nothing is really save from lightning, I have seen many blownout connectors or damaged internally throughout our career in providing repair support for Routerboard.

If you stay around Indonesia you may send units thats not welcome by the dealer to us for repairment, currently we can support of RB411xx, RB450xx, RB600xx, RB532xx, RB7xx, RB493xx for routerboards, and few other wireless brands.

Vgate
info@blizzcomm.com