Community discussions

MikroTik App

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Simple Click On WALL MOUNT for the Great SXT ! ?

Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 am

Hi,

I have been using several SXTs latly as CPE for my clients, and they are impressingly powerfull considering their relativly small size and Gain.

But excactly this feature, small antenna with BIG power makes them so nice as CPE, since customers tend to get scared of big badlooking antennas and mounts.

There is really only 1 thing that really bugs me on the SXT, and that is the mounting solution. It probably works fine for mastmounts in towers and stuff, but this device is marketed as an CPE(and works great for that). Thus am I surprised over the mastmount instead of a WALLMOUNT solution.
As a bare minimum there should at least be an option to get it delivered with wall mount bracket that can be adjusted sideways.
But even better: one that easily clicks on like the present one, and is adjustable both up/down and sideways.

So my plead to MT, PLEASE make it an option to get EITHER mastmount OR wallmount, or even better sell the mounts separatly in different kinds of options. ?!

ATM I have to use a Ubiqiti wallmount called: UBI-BR , wich works OK, but makes the SXT hang pretty far from the Wall, looking a bit odd.
Instead it could look nice and neat with a Small, Cool and tidy little "Click On" wallmount from MT! ;)

I hope u MT guys can work u'r magic and make it happen!

If others think/need the same, feel free to comment me or even suggest better ideas so we can all help MT make even better stuff for us!

Go MikroTik! :)

Ps.
I have latly discovered that it would've also been very nice with a Giga-port option on the SXT(Client) and 411/711/433AH(APs) RBs. ;) Just another hint!

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Simple Click On WALL MOUNT for the Great SXT ! ?

Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am

I have the same requirement.

Installation does not look good.

Why is not the holder as a unit with him for moving your joints up and down? He went there would be similar to the picture.
sxt_outdoor_upgrade.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Thx, for the picture hapi, illustrates well what I meant! :)

Is there any chance that MT will make such an option with Wall mounting kit?
Could someone from MT give us a hint? Normis? ;)

I have to buy the separate wallmount now for about +/- 8-10$, and it doesn't look good!

I would gladly pay about that extra per SXT with Wall mount option, as long as the wallmount then would integrate smoothly and nicelooking with SXT. Especially if it also provided both sideways and up/down tilt!

I also noticed that MT has chosen the same kind of bracket atachment for the Omnitik, and this wallmount would probably work in many cases for the Omnitik too!

Any1 else have an opinion on this?! :)

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi,

I have used the following and even if the pic shows the SXT mounted on a pole, the holder also attaches to the wall -

Supplier - http://landashop.com/catalog/nanobracke ... -2044.html
Data sheet - http://rfelements.com/sheets/NanoBracke ... asheet.pdf

Hope this helps,

Rgds,
Mark.

marcincakRFE
just joined

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:45 pm

hi, as siscom wrote you can use our solution NanoBracket SXT. NanoBracket SXT is designed for Routerboard SXT under Made for Mikrotik program. NB SXT alows you to install Routerboard SXT on wall or on pole or conslole. After instalation you can set direction in all 3 axes !!!
here is some pictures from instalation:

more information you can find here: http://www.rfelements.com/NanoBracket_SXT.html

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 am

Thx, for the tipses! :)

The NanoBracket for SXT, was really usefull. Have been using it for my innstallations of SXT and works great!

I particularly like the nice drawing / Instructions on side of the box. Saves me a lot of supportcalls when Clients mount their "Self mounting kits", as its selfexplainatory! :)

Now my new question is:

What about SEXTANT? Any similar solutions for the SEXTANT?

And, will such a soultion be stable / Strong enough for the bigger SEXTANT?

Any1 have a view on the matter?

Have a nice day!

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 am

taking into account size of the enclosure - it had to have larger shoe, so it is not compatible with ones that can be used with SXT and Omnitik.